58

Jade entered the room and looked around her. It was a traditional Japanese room with a wood and paper wall and tatami as the floor. It was adorned by classic Japanese painting, a low wooden table with an incense burner on top of it, and the centerpiece of the room was a very beautiful silk kimono which was hung in the middle of the room.

The kimono was black, fully embroidered with sakura trees and flowers, cranes, and clouds in muted colors. And it didn't look like it was retail, more like a haute couture.

Jade looked at the kimono in wonder, but when she asked the attendant who brought the kimono, she just smiled and helped to take off her dress and the other one started to prepare the inner wear of the kimono to be put on her. She knew then that wasn't going to get any answer, so she just rolled her eyes and started to undress.

It took her around ten minutes to wear all the parts with the help of two female attendants, and she finally was able to sigh in relief when everything was done. Thankfully they didn't do anything to her hair, only brushed it and she insisted on keeping the orchid. It did make her overall look a bit off, but she didn't care because it was from Gabriel.

The attendants then put the black Japanese geta with sakura embroidery in front of her, and helped her to wear it. The kimono was not too heavy since it was not the fully traditional one. This was a modernization of the old and heavy kimono, and she actually kinda liked it. The silk was cold on her skin, and she looked like a Japanese doll with green eyes.

"Akira-sama, please follow us." Both of the attendants bowed respectfully as they showed the way through the side door. Which was different from where she went in.

"Where are we going?" She asked them in curiosity. Surely they wouldn't dare to do anything while there were people around? She didn't mind kicking some ass though if push came to shove, although the kimono would hinder her movement.

"We are going straight to the family meeting room, Akira-sama, there is someone who would like to meet you first before you meet the rest of the Kudous."

Hmm…

Did Christina pull another prank again?

She didn't mind her mostly fun plans, but at this time, it was highly inappropriate, when she was about to meet Gabriel's family and her love rival.

But she followed the two women to another room not far from the one where she changed clothes. And when they opened the door, she was very surprised to see familiar faces, all full of smiles and wearing kimonos, and all brought a glass of champagne.

"Surprise!"

Gabriel was feeling relentless.

He didn't like to be separated from Jade for too long, and this had to be almost ten minutes, when finally the woman who fixed his kimono stood up and said that she was done.

Gabriel nodded and he wore the geta before he strode outside the room to find Jade. He was worried that she would feel left alone in a strange place where he was supposed to introduce her as his fiance.

But the woman pointed at the large door on the other side of the room where he saw his fiance enter, and he became suspicious.

He suspected that this might be a prank by his grandfather and Joichiro-sama. They loved to pull pranks on them ever since they were kids and this was exactly the prank they would pull indeed.

And a prank was so much better than any other attempt of kidnapping.

He swore that he would eradicate those who took part in his fiance's kidnapping and burned them all to the ground. And he would start with the Inoues–right after he finished this whole shenanigans about this unwanted omiai.

He knew that Kyosuke had run away and he was nowhere to be found. So the only logical thing was to go to the Inoues because that was his mother's clan and they were always waiting in the shadows to try to get rid of him, like the chicken they were.

He wished that this would end soon so that he could go take care of business and his rivals, so that his fiance would have a peaceful life without anyone from his side trying to get rid of her.

Then the woman spoke to him.

"Nobuhiro-sama and your siblings are waiting for you there. Akira-sama will follow in a minute, she is still on her last preparation." She spoke calmly to Gabriel, and when he didn't respond, she smiled and bowed her head respectfully. "Rest assured, Kazuhiro-sama, that your beautiful guest will be fine here. Joichiro-sama has made sure that every inch of this venue is covered by his most trusted men."

Hmm, that gave him a little bit of an assurance.

But he still would not feel calm if he didn't see his fiance. Soon. So he strode to the room where his grandfather and siblings were waiting and opened the door to see that his grandfather and his siblings were all wearing kimonos.

The room was empty except for the four of them and now Gabriel was confused. He did remember correctly that Joichiro-sama would like to introduce his grandchildren to them–a sneaky omiai–and yet he wasn't here yet.

He looked at his grandfather who looked happy and smirking when he saw Gabriel. Like he knew something that he didn't. And he got a bad feeling about this.

"Kazuhiro! Right on time." He reached for Gabriel and his siblings also smiled as they hugged him.

"He's a bit drunk, don't mind him. I think all this excitement is making him very ecstatic." Bianca whispered in his ear as she kissed his cheek. "You are glowing, onii-chan." She teased him, and he smiled. "I heard that you're going to introduce your partner to us? Where is she?"

Bianca applauded herself for being such a good actor while she knew all along that her brother was sleeping with Akira Moreau.

Sure she had some reservation about the party girl, but her brother seemed to be very happy, and who was she to get in the way of her brother's happiness. This was the first time in ever that her brother could genuinely smile from his eyes, and she thanked Akira Moreau for that.

"She'll be here any second." Gabriel kissed Bianca's cheek and hugged Luca. "So, where's Joichiro-sama? I thought he would be here and already shoving his granddaughter to my face."

Now even Luca was stunned by his words.

Both Bianca and Luca never heard Gabriel speak his mind out loud, and they were having mixed feelings about this. And apparently it shows on their faces, because Gabriel chuckled.

"You guys look like you've just seen a third eye growing out of my head."

"Well, in a way…" Luca chuckled too, and he then came closer to his brother. "Well, brother, grandpa Joichiro's daughter is very hot and super beautiful. You sure you don't regret it?" He whispered to him in a teasing manner, and Gabriel laughed.

"Well, Luca, you haven't seen my partner yet. Actually, I already proposed to her, so she's my fiance now. And speaking about my fiance, I wonder what took her so long."

"We should go next door to meet Joichiro." His grandfather suddenly spoke. "He has been waiting for us there." Then he walked to another door which was different from the one Gabriel entered.

Gabriel wondered if this place was some kind of a maze with so many doors and shortcuts, but he refused to go without Jade.

"You guys go first, I will wait for my partner to come."

"Don't worry about your partner, Kazuhiro. We would meet Joichiro and his family and I already told Yuri to bring your partner wherever you are. Come." Nobuhiro quickly dragged Gabriel to the other room and Gabriel had to follow him.

He didn't like where this was all going, but he guessed he had no choice in this matter. But he would not agree to the omiai, or whatever his grandfather and Joichiro-sama's plan was, if it's the last thing that he would do.