32

Gabriel entered the mansion with his stoic face and all black ensembles that made him look even more like a rogue vigilante prince with a pair of black half gloves and his black mask that could not even hide his intimidating aura. He was pissed and he didn't bother to hide it.

The crowds parted ways for him and his bodyguards to pass. They were in awe to see the next head of the Kudou clan attending this turned-out-to-be-not-so-simple-launching party. Some of them tried to take pictures of the gorgeous man but were immediately blocked by the bodyguards.

"No photographs please."

Their voices were firm but pleasant, and the women couldn't help but swoon over all the handsome men in black, and the men got intimidated by them.

The mansion suddenly got quiet, when the light went out–surprising them all. Gabriel's bodyguards went on a full alert as they quickly formed a barrier around the man–who didn't even flinch. This was the kind of a life he was used to. Life that's full of unexpected twists and turns. But what he didn't realize was that the biggest twist in his life was about to go out on the stage, courtesy to Christina's dramatic flair.

When the silence was almost too much, one single spotlight turned on to the second floor's banister, and there stood the man of the hour, Akito Moreau himself–dressed in white suit, covered with red flower patterned black silk kimono, a red choker, and a red tassel earring–his trademark outfit. His shoulder length hair was red at its edges and he also wore red eyeliner. He looked as dashing and handsome as the Devil himself.

People murmured in excitement to see the owner, but when he raised his hand to gather attention, all the voices died down before he spoke with his low baritone voice and flirty tone. The voice of a demon who tried to tempt humans to do his bidding.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your presence in the Den of Sin." He smiled his trademark lazy smile and it captivated most of the audience, even Irina–who looked dazed at the man's unbelievably tempting aura. He looked like he was ready to grant every wish they all had.

Only Gabriel who looked at Akito with suspicion in his eyes.

The handsome man looked friendly, but he could detect coldness and ruthlessness behind the handsome facade. That man, Akito Moreau, was not as simple as he looked like.

He knew, because he could sense the other apex predator's scent. Just like his kind. But then again, Akito Moreau would not be this successful if he just played around and did nothing.

"Without further ado, are you all ready for the auction that we all have been waiting for?"

His rhetorical question was answered with loud cheers and wolf whistles, and Gabriel wondered what kind of auction could elicit this kind of reaction from the creme de la creme of the world.

His answer came a second later, when the soft classical music suddenly turned into a low and sexy beat and the floor suddenly filled with dried-ice fog. The spotlight then moved into the spiral staircase, where a bunch of beautiful models wearing skimpy clothes with a number pinned on it, walked down and then made a line on the raised platform in the middle of the foyer. The models came in all skin colors, and they all wore the jewelry from the new collection.

Then Akito started to speak again from the shadows.

"Let's start with number 1. Any bid?"

Number 1 was a pretty girl in early twenties with mocha colored skin and dimples in both cheeks, and few of the men raised their hands discreetly.

"Five, ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty five. Sold to the gentleman in the vampire costume." Akito banged his gavel and the girl smiled when she walked to the man and held his arm tight. "You can go to the second floor and pay before you have dinner with her–as usual. Remember, we accept credit cards, cash, bank transfers, and most of the other payments."