61

Gabriel's face hardened as he heard the explanation, and yet his heart was jumping with glee. So, Jade was the one he was looking for after all. And there was the reason why he couldn't find her. 

Christina. 

He guessed every one of them was played by her after all.

He pulled her close to sit on his lap. He didn't want to be separated from her, ever again. Especially after he heard Akito's explanation.

"How do you find out?" Gabriel asked him. He didn't want to take anyone's words for granted ever again, especially since he heard that Christina–who acted like a perfect best friend to Jade–was actually the one who put her in a misery, and added to her heartbroken state.

"Well, call it the mixture of expensive alcohol, plus the jealousy over who've won the auction–in which you paid fifty mil to her measly five mil–she was heavily drunk and spouted all those facts in the room while fucking the man who paid for her. She went up the stage first to get your attention, and when you didn't even glance at her, she was pissed." Akito chuckled. "Well, anyway, I got it all on record actually, would you like to see it for yourself? Not her finest moment, but…" Akito shrugged in a nonchalant gesture, while Gabriel politely declined. He didn't want to see anyone else naked and talked shit about his fiance, especially when it was her own so-called best friend. 

"Thanks but no thanks. Unless you can send me only the sound file, no video please." He would give it to Hanzo to check the authenticity and to find proof about what she had done.

"Sure, I'll send it to your phone later." Akito grinned. He knew exactly what Gabriel had in mind, because he did the same. Then he turned to Jade. "Anyway, she blabbered about how she tried to keep you away from Bianca to prevent your contact with Gabriel after all this time, how she spread those rumors about your promiscuity, and how she planned to let Gabriel fuck you and dumped you, or worse, rejected you straight away since he only liked dumb blondes, and how afterwards she would presented herself to him and to make him keep her as his mistress or maybe, marry her. After all, she's the princess." Akito air-quote the last word with sarcasm dripped out of his tone. "And she just has to have what she wants, whatever it takes."

Gabriel suddenly understood why he had these… unsettled feelings, every time he spoke to Christina. Like he was the prey being circled by a predator. 

That woman played the long con to get into his pants, and he would admire his tenacity if not for her hurting the one he loved like this.

Jade was still stunned when she heard her brother's story. It sounded like some cheesy kdrama plot, but she knew in her heart that it was true, because the only people who knew about the cameras inside the rooms were herself and her brother. No one else knew about it, including Christina. That was the only reason why she would speak so openly, because she didn't know that she was being recorded.

Then her mind went back to that night ten years ago, and tried to remember any littlest details that would help her to find out about the man she slept with. True, she couldn't see his face clearly, but she knew that it was him, her soulmate, the one that she fell in love with. After all this time she believed that it was Luca, when actually it was Gabriel after all?

Then suddenly Gabriel felt that Jade was very quiet, and when he took a look at her, he saw the tears that fell down on her beautiful face, so he immediately turned her around and cupped her face.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" His heart was torn to see his fiance, his love, his first love, the one who he had been searching for, cried like this. He knew that by knowing the truth about the past, she had just lost a friend–or someone whom she thought was a friend.

"No, I'm fine, Beau. God, I've never felt this light in my life." She chuckled as she kissed him hard and then buried her face into his neck. "Oh god, I don't know what to call this. Fate? Serendipity?" She chuckled while still crying from apparent happiness. "I used to think of why you never showed up again after we slept together that night. Was it because you didn't like me, or you just… well, fucking around. And I tried to find you–by asking Christina. Of course. That's why I never found you."

Gabriel held her tight, and he could literally feel her decade of pain and broken heart, so he swore he would make Christina pay for her actions, the damage that she had caused to all of them.

"Where is she?" He asked Akito.

"Last I saw of her was when she went scurrying back to her own penthouse, mumbling something incoherent that sounded like family business. I already alerted my pilots and every shadow guard to inform me when they find her, but she's still incommunicado and MIA." Akito checked his phone. "Maybe you should try to find her with Freyja, she should be able to do it."

Gabriel was surprised when he heard that Akito knew about Freyja. But then again, the man seemed to know about everything and everyone, he wondered how extensive his spy network was.

"You knew about Freyja?"

"Dude, I'm tight with the boys. And by the boys I mean Kai, Dante and Freyr." He winked at Jade who became flustered. "We're working on projects together and Freyja was the one we especially customized for you." Akito grinned widely. "And I gave one to Roarke, by the way. And speaking of Roarke, I have sent him to take care of your little pest. You're welcome." 

"You used Roarke?" Jade asked her twin. "And I suppose it was to take care of Kyosuke?" She knew that Roarke was their fixer and she liked him a lot. She also understood the extent of his and her brother's job, which sometimes needed things to be done swiftly and without a trace.

"Don't worry, he's still alive… even if he was only half a man of what he was. He should be in the hospital recovering now." Akito couldn't help but chuckle. "My engagement gift for you both." He stood up and then he proceeded to go back to the party next door. But then he stopped.

"Ah, I almost forgot. Gabriel, I have Irina and your so-called daughter. Kyosuke got her pregnant and then tried to use his own daughter to turn Adrianna against you and use Irina to lure you into making her pregnant and renounce your position. And the drug she was told to lace your champagne with? It was a fast acting poison. Nice shot by the way sis." He fist-bumped Jade who was still processing the information that Akito had dumped on them all at once, and once Gabriel realized that Kyosuke planned to kill him by using Irina, his face became hard.

"Can you send her–and her daughter to me, Akito? Let me deal with this shit. It's our internal problem after all." Gabriel clenched his teeth from anger. But then he felt a soft touch on his arm, and he turned to find Jade was looking at him with such love in her eyes.

"Our problem, Gabriel. I am your future wife, and this will be our problem instead of yours alone. And Akito is also family, so remember that we all stand behind you, as I'm sure my mom has already told you."

God, sometimes he forgot that right now he had the support of his incredible fiance, who was one of the Moreaus, and that he was not alone anymore–standing against that many enemies just like before.

And he knew that this was exactly where he belonged, especially after they found out that they already had every piece of the puzzle after all this time–which slid effortlessly to their own place, making a whole new picture of what he thought was a long and hard struggle against the elders, against everyone, and added to the loveless marriage. A bleak future that he had to look forward to, just because he didn't have another choice.

But it all changed now. Just because fate brought him and the woman he was destined to be–together. With that one difference, everything seemed to be clear, and he was thinking that he, too, could finally be happy. That this all was meant to be.

"I know, baby. I know." He kissed her forehead fondly. His heart was bursting with so much love for this woman, and the joy she had brought him. And then he looked at Akito. "And thanks to you too… brother."