59

Gabriel was actually rather pissed when he was dragged into the other room, which contained a lot more people that he  had expected.

There were five people in all, with a tall and muscly European man–wearing a traditional kimono in navy–being the biggest there. He was as big as Joichiro-sama–who was talking to a tall Japanese woman who was obviously his daughter and the three of them were surrounding a woman in black embroidered kimono with long black hair.

Then his eyes fell on the familiar smirking man in a red kimono with embroidered white and black flowers almost identical to the one the woman was wearing, and his heart almost stopped.

That man was obviously the one and only Akito Moreau. No one could have mistaken him for anyone else since he always wore that red eyeliner and the red streak on his hair, plus the signature red choker and black nail polish.

And if his brain was processing correctly even from the shock he obviously had, then the huge man was none other than Damien Moreau and the Japanese woman was his wife–who was obviously Joichiro Abe's daughter–the ruthless Abe clan leader–since they just gave each other an intimate hug, like the one you gave your flesh and blood.

And so, the granddaughter that Joichiro-sama wanted to set him up with was…

"Akira?" He called her Japanese name and she turned to face him right away with an embarrassed look on her face. He noticed that she still had the white orchid on her hair and he couldn't help but fall deeper. But there was something else he needed to do first.

"Beau, I–" She tried to speak but Gabriel stopped her and turned to Joichiro and Nobuhiro with an unreadable expression on his face.

"So, this was all your elaborate plan to match us since the beginning?" His voice was cold, and Jade was suddenly feeling not good. She never heard him speak with that tone of voice before, and it chilled her to the bone.

"Uhm, yes?" Joichiro didn't know what to expect with Gabriel's reaction–which was the opposite of what he had expected. So he looked at Nobuhiro with questions in his eyes–which was answered by the latter by shrugging his shoulders off. He didn't know what to make of his grandson's reaction too. And they thought he would be ecstatic to see Akira there.

"And are you expecting me to be jumping with joy and gladfully accepting this omiai? And admit that this is an omiai as you all pretend that it was not, but it actually is."

Now everyone looked at each other with concern on their faces. They didn't expect Gabriel's reaction to be this… cold.

"Well, you are correct."

Gabriel suddenly beamed as he pulled Jade into his embrace and kissed her so hard. Jade was so confused but she was also very relieved that Gabriel wasn't mad at her, because she had no idea too that this was all her grandfather's plan after all.

"I'm sorry I scared you, baby." Gabriel whispered to her as he pulled her into his embrace. "But I want to teach our grandparents a damn lesson."

"Well, you obviously succeeded." Jade giggled as she hugged Gabriel tight and buried her face into his chest. She was so scared when Gabriel stopped her from speaking, and her heart was still beating erratically from the surprise their grandfathers had arranged.

She genuinely thought that Gabriel was angry, being duped like that, and her heart just couldn't handle it if he refused the omiai and everything. But it seemed like she was scared for nothing, as Gabriel's kiss and touch quickly soothed her. It seemed that she still had a lot to learn about her fiance, especially about his other personality when he was not with her.

"Obviously, you old coots don't match with Gabriel's wit." Akito clapped his hands and he approached Gabriel and his sister. "All's well that ends well, ladies and gentleman." He kissed Jade and hugged Gabriel. "Congratulations, Gabriel Kudou. We will soon become brothers." He patted his back fondly. "I knew you've fallen for my sister when you dished out that fifty mil only to have dinner with her. Although I wonder where you guys were going afterwards." He winked at Jade who pinched his waist. "Anyway, I put your auction money into a very good use, Gabriel. Come find me when this is all over." Akito then waved and took a glass of champagne then he wandered off to talk to his father.

Jade's mother then came and hugged him and kissed his cheek three times.

"Welcome to the family, Gabriel. I'm sure you will be the best partner for my precious daughter." She squeezed his hand tight and it kinda hurt, but Gabriel only smiled.

"Oh, Jesus, maman…" Jade looked so cutely embarrassed, it made Gabriel's heart suddenly full with the need to protect her, to cherish her, and most of all to love her with all his might.

"I will definitely be the best partner for her, ma'am." He bowed respectfully to her. Akane Abe, the leader of the most feared Abe clan. She was still looking young, and he could see that Jade would be as beautiful as she was when she was older. He wondered if they would also have twins. Surely two little adorable twin babies would one day grace their family with their presence. And that thought suddenly made him want to have babies with green and gold eyes and dark hair, running around their house with such glee and happiness. He didn't even want blonde hair anymore. The reason that he had was because he fell in love with the woman who took his virginity, but it didn't matter now since he already had everything that he needed, everything that he wanted.

And in order to have that vision came true, he would have to do his job. Became the leader of the five families and uniting them to make a better and safer place for his children to roam around freely.

"Call me okaa-san, and good job on pranking my father back. He deserved it." She chuckled and patted his back. "He did worse to my husband back then, but anyway, Kazuhiro Kudou, remember. Us, the Abe clan, will stand behind you, and support you to be the new leader of the five families. But we could talk about that later." She bowed at Gabriel, as a sign of respect and that she recognized him as a clan leader. "As for Akira's father, he may be harder to convince since he… well, let's just say that he dotes on his daughter a lot." She chuckled. "But, good luck. I believe in you, son."

Akane then left the both of them to speak with her father and Gabriel's father.

Gabriel couldn't believe that it was that easy to gain the support of the Abe clan. So, his grandfather was right after all, with the right woman–and the right connection–everything would fall into place just like it should.

Thankfully, his right woman seemed to have the right connection as well, and he chalked it up to fate.

It didn't matter if Jade didn't have the right connection though, he didn't mind working hard to achieve his goal as long as he had her by his side. And that was what the most important thing to him right now. Her.

"So, any tips on softening your father to accept me as his son-in-law?" He whispered into her ear while squeezing her waist and pull her closer to inhale her scent. He was so happy that she was actually the one that was destined for him after all, and he couldn't wait until they get back home to show her his appreciation.

"He would accept you as you are, baby." She took his face in her hands and kissed him softly. "Just like I do."