60

"So… it's all good?" Luca suddenly quipped. He became confused when Gabriel suddenly got angry, because he thought that he would definitely be happy with this elaborate arrangement from their grandfathers to put both of him and Akira together.

But then everything suddenly turned upside down, and then suddenly everyone was kissing and laughing again. He didn't know whether he should congratulate his brother or get the hell out of there as soon as possible.

"Yes, Luca. It's all good." Gabriel chuckled. "Come, I want you to meet my fiance. And yes, everyone, I proposed to Akira here yesterday, and she said yes." Gabriel took her ring hand and showed her ring to everyone–who cheered and kissed each other again.

When Jade heard Luca's name, she turned to look at the man who stood behind Gabriel, and for the second time today, her heart almost stopped.

Luca Moretti.

The man who took her virginity ten years ago.

And he was his fiance's brother.

She paled as she took a glass of champagne from the table and drank it in one gulp, while letting Bianca admire her ring.

This was all so fucked up.

How could fate play her like this? She fell in love ten years ago with Luca and now she got engaged to his older brother.

She observed Luca–who talked animatedly with Gabriel–and suddenly felt… nothing.

He was so different from the always calm and collected Gabriel, with the way he moved his hands when he told something to Gabriel in a bit of exaggeration, and how his hair color was lighter than Gabriel, and how he paled compared to Gabriel.

But she had to tell him.

Before they entered the next level of their relationship, she wanted to come clean, to let him know that she lost her virginity to his brother.

It might not be important, but she knew that if this was not resolved now, there would be consequences further down the road. So she tugged Gabriel's sleeve and gestured to him to move to the other room where they could speak quietly without anyone hearing them.

"Yes, sweetheart? Are you that eager to jump me even if we're in the middle of our omiai and I still haven't caught up to your father?" Gabriel chuckled as he pushed her to the wall and started to kiss her while his hand started to roam the inside of her kimono.

"Oh god, fuck, Beau, stop, I need to talk to you first." She moaned from his kiss, but then she pushed him away.

That gesture made Gabriel quirked his brow in question. He could hear the seriousness in her voice, so he fixed her kimono, kissed her forehead and took her to the table where there were a couple of chairs, then put her down before he sat beside her.

"What do you want to talk about, baby? You know that I'm always here for you." He took her hands in his own bigger ones and kissed it before he looked back at her with all the seriousness in his eyes.

Oh how she loved him for always giving her his time and attention like she was the most precious thing in the world. And she dreaded how he would take it, when he found out that she lost her virginity to his younger brother, and was in love with him for ten years before she met Gabriel.

She knew that he probably would not take it to heart, but it would definitely change their relationship. Sleeping with the brother? Definitely a no no.

But, she decided to come clean anyway. Because that's how much she loved him.

"So, here's the thing." She tried to start, but she didn't know where. So she decided to tell him all from the beginning. "You do remember that I didn't want to fall in love, because… well, because I used to love someone else ten years ago, and it ended badly." She could feel Gabriel tensed, but he said nothing, and that encouraged her to continue on.