𝘭𝘪𝘹

Third Person POV

"Damnatio."

The man stood in the door holding his scale in his hand whilst his gaze wavered a little from the sight of the Magic Emperor's new form.

"So, you intend to take responsibility for everything, even in your state... The Knights, and even that Demon-possessed as well as the devil herself." Damnatio said in monotone voice, clearly not amused of what just happened in the trial.

The Magic Emperor smiled lightly.

"Isn't that part of the job nice? It ended without anybody getting punished. I mean, he didn't do anything bad so does my daughter, anyway. If it's the Black Bulls, they'll track down the Demon, now that my daughter has been revealed part devil then I'm sure they'll handle this mission easy as that. At the very least, they'll be able to bring some influence back to our Kingdom. And if that happens, they can redeem their bad reputation after barging on the trial." Julius said, it is the least he can do to help them after all his daughter is at stake.

Damnatio sighed as he looked at the Magic Emperor, his eyebrows almost touching at each other, sensing the frustration coming out of him.

"Taking responsibility for such forgiveness! The Kingdom cannot take responsibility for something like that. You alone cannot bear the burden for it." Damnatio stated, trying to prove his point.

"I'm not the one bearing it, I'm entrusting it. Not responsibility but faith! In any case, I believe that your scales will tip towards Asta, (Y/n) and the others." The Magic Emperor took it calmly, his smile still stuck on his lips.

Damnatio turned his back to Julius then glanced at him over the shoulder.

"I'm relieved to see that you haven't changed a bit. The strain on this country... I will not make light of confronting this crisis. If the scales tip toward the Kingdom, there is no other choice but to bring judgement upon... that little brat... with that wench and even on you."