32

Kabanata 32: Mistaken

"Gusto ko pong ligawan ang anak niyo, Tito."

We were locked in a staring contest for the next seconds before he let out a sigh. He also smiled and gave me a pat on my shoulder which made me relieved.

"Sige Hanson. Pumapayag na ako na ligawan mo siya basta magpapakabait ka sa kanya ha?" Mabilis akong tumango habang nakangiti. "Wag na wag mo siyang aawayin, magtulungan kayo sa mga bagay-bagay lalo na sa pag-aaral, at dapat alam mo lahat ng limitasyon niyo dahil mga bata pa kayo."

My cheeks heated up again before nodding again. That really felt good! I really admire Tito for being so open and cool after asking permission to court her daughter.

It made me happy dahil alam kong nagtitiwala si Tito sa akin. And I'll really do my best to take care of Sunshine and protect her.

Natapos na ang birthday celebration ni Tito and we finally bid goodbyes to him. He secretly asked for my number na kaagad ko namang binigay before the three of us walked outside Sunshine's house.

I almost forgot to gave her the headband kaya naman muli akong bumalik sa kanya. I pulled her to a dark corner of the street and placed the headband on her head. The moment was romantic and I loved seeing her close to me in the dark but I acted like I'm mad ng i-correct niya ang grammar ko.

"Wow. Ganyan ba ang paraan mo para magpasalamat? Laitin yung nagbigay ng regalo sayo?"

That was just an act but I managed to convince her that I'm really mad. She tried to sway me when she locked her fingers to mine and gave me a really cute look.

I was nervous and felt the chill creeping up to me nang mahanap ko na ang tiyempo para tanungin siya. I asked her if I could court her but she thought that I only liked her dahil sa nauna siyang magsabi sa akin na special ako sa kanya.

But damn, it was not because of that!

I pulled her head and planted a kiss on her forehead. I made her feel that I was sincere, I respect her, and I deeply like her with that kiss.

"No, I like you more than you can imagine."

When I arrived at home up to the time that I throwed myself to bed, the smile on my lips never faded. I am now considering October 12 as one of the best days of my life because I was able to face my fears and confess to the girl I like.

The weekdays passed and I secretly asked Sunshine for dates every after school kahit na malapit na ang exams. We were able to go to watch a movie together, play in arcades, at nag-aral sa library ng magkasama.

"Sunshine."

"Hmmm?" She was busy scribbling notes on her notebook kaya tinukod ko ang siko ko sa lamesa to get a full view of her face. "Ano Hanson?"

She looked so cute dahil napakaseryoso niya ngayon sa ginagawa niya. Para tuloy akong bakla na nagpigil ng ngiti ko while covering my lips to prevent it from smiling.

"Do you have plans for the semestral break?"

"Hmmm... Wala naman-" She suddenly stopped writing na para bang may naalala siya before giving me a short glance. "Ay oo nga pala. Nakalimutan ko palang sabihin sayo na magbabakasyon nga pala kami ni Ouie sa Lachlane!"

My smile faded after she went back to writing which made me click my tongue. I'm not jealous, I just can't be jealous. May history si Ouie ng feelings kay Sunshine pero what if it will suddenly comeback during the break?

A Little Bit of Sunshineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें