Chapter 34

[Present]

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Yoongi finally released the breath which he was holding from the past few seconds as soon as he heard the final words from Maknae. He guessed it right, that his Maknae might be going through something like this. He had doubts from the past two years, but sometimes he put those doubts aside because of his anger towards Maknae. But now, when he finally got to know root of every single pain because of which everyone suffered for years, he felt relieved. He finally let out the breath of relief.

"I...I'm proud of you Kook, for telling us everything. Hyung's p-proud of you." Yoongi looked at his tearful Makane with proudness as he patted his back to which Jungkook gulped as he hesitantly nodded.

Silence once again engulfed the room as the other four members couldn't able to compose themselves. They were beyond shocked at the truth revealed by the Makane. They weren't able to process anything because the truth was a harsh slap in their faces as they were once again failed to notice the hidden pain of one of their own member.

Once again, they failed to protect their loved one.

Namjoon harshly took a breath before speaking, "We failed again." His voiced trembled as he sat down on the corner of the bed for support. "First we failed Jimin, now Jungkook." Tears filled Namjoon's eyes as he kept his gaze down in shame.

"N-Namjo—" Jin tried to console the leader but Namjoon didn't let him.

"No! N-No... don't.. this— this is the truth. I failed to protect my members. I.. I failed to protect my family." Namjoon shook his head in denial as his shoulder sagged in defeat.

"A-Ani.. Hyung, don't blame yourself, please." Jungkook stated lowly as he looked at their defeated leader with tearful eyes. "I-It's my punishment for the wrong deeds, so please don't blame yourself. If you want to blame someone, then blame me." Jungkook's lips trembled as he spoke lowly but Namjoon kept on denying Maknae's valid words.

Every other member present in the room were still lost in their own guilty thought except one, who raised his voice once he felt the silence in the room. "You knew all about this all along, right?" Hoseok asked lowly as he gave a side look to Taehyung, who's posture got tended as soon as he heard the words.

Silence once again engulfed the room as Taehyung lowered his head while choosing to stay quiet, to which Hoseok fully turned his front towards Taehyung as he gave him a look of disbelief. "I.. I can't believe this.. you knew it. You knew it all along!" Hoseok harshly threw the words in Taehyung's direction. The harshness made Taehyung to look at Hoseok and the moment he looked in Hoseok's eyes, he felt his heart breaking in pieces. Hoseok's eyes were screaming, betrayal, pain, hurt and disgust. Every emotion, which he never wanted to feel from Hoseok. He felt every painful emotion, except..

Love.

Taehyung gasped as he felt burning pain inside his chest while trying not to cry but failed miserably. Hoseok felt his eyes burning too, with tears as soon as he looked at broken state of his... Taehyung.

"H-Ho—"

"No! Don't." Hoseok harshly cut him off as the anger once again returned.

"Hoseok H-Hyung, it's not Taehyung's f-fault, I swear, pl—"

Hoseok felt his blood boiling as soon as he heard Jungkook defending... saving Taehyung. Hoseok bitterly laughed loudly to which everyone looked at him in confusion.

"Oh my God, Jungkook. I'm so fucking sorry. I'm so sorry for accusing Taehyung like that. I forgot... I forgot that how fucking much you love your Taehyung. Did I hurt you too by hurting your love? Did I? Then I apologise, Jungkook. I so fucking sor—-"