Chapter 36

[Present]

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"J-Jimin?"

I'm still dreaming.

"Jungkook-ah.." He whispered as he squeezed his hand in his smaller one.

"I-I'm still dreaming." Jungkook whispered as he still didn't believed the reality. Jungkook tried to sit up as he was still in shock and in confusion, whether if he was witnessing the reality or a new beautiful lie. In the hustle, he almost fell out of his own bed when Jimin immediately caught him in his arms before his Makane could even touch the floor.

"Jungkook-ah, be careful!" Jimin slightly scolded Jungkook as he helped him properly sit. Jungkook was now in euphoric haze as he kept looking up at Jimin with a dreamy reflection in his eyes. At first Jimin didn't noticed but when he tried to pull away, Jungkook didn't let him. He kept clutching Jimin's hoodie subconsciously as Jimin looked down at him in confusion.

"Jung—"

"Tell me, am I dreaming or is it reality, Jimin."

"Wha—"

"If this is a dream, then let me be in it forever. Let me warm my eyes again just by admiring you. I'll promise I'll not even come near you, I'll be happy just by watching you. B-But if you let me, I want to touch you, hold your hand, caress your eyes, admire every single inch of you, so closely, but only if you let me. I always ask your permission every night in my dreams, and you always let me, just like an angel you are. But I couldn't taint you Jimin, I couldn't because I'm dirty and I can't touch something so pure and angelic with my sinful hands. So at least, give me permission to look at you. I can spend eternity just by having you in front of my eyes." Jungkook whispered with desperation, still not believing the reality.

"Let me love you so much that I couldn't even feel own heartbeat without your heartbeat against mine— N-No.. no.. I can't come close to you... but I promise that I'll even love you from afar, but Please, don't wake me up,  Jimin... d-don't wake me up.." Jungkook begged Jimin with tears escaping from his eyes.

Jimin felt himself being paralysed as he stared at Jungkook with shock. He let Jungkook hug him, feel him, but he still wasn't able to move or compose himself. Jungkook was whispering, begging but he wasn't able to response.

"It's not reality! It's a dream..?  it's a dream! I know.." Jungkook kept murmuring as he hugged Jimin's waist tightly.

"No... it's not a dream Jungkook." Jimin whispered lowly as he stayed rigid on the same spot. Jungkook also stopped his movement as soon as he heard Jimin.

"N-No—"

"Yes, I'm really here Jungkook." Jimin said, immediately stopping him from further assumptions. Jungkook felt the shock through his whole as his heart left like being restricted from taking another breath.

Jungkook loudly inhaled as he pulled away immediately and looked away before closing his eyes. "I-I.. sor—" jungkook stuttered an apology but Jimin didn't let him. "No... no! It's okay!" Jimin immediately tried to console him as he softly sat on the small space of bed, near Jungkook's knee.

They both sat in silence as jungkook tried to calm his heartbeat and mind, on the other hand, Jimin tried to talk or tried thinking about something to console the Maknae but the words or actions didn't come out.

But he has to break the soothing silence and bring both of them to the harsh reality. Jimin took a long breath before getting  Jungkook's attention back, "Jungkook-ah, let's talk. Let's talk like we used to do before this whole mess." Jimin softly spoke as he gently took Jungkook's hand in his own as he tried making his Maknae feel free and secure.