Chapter 38

[Present]

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"JI-YEON!"

Jimin felt his own soul crumbling as his body shook hysterically. His vision started to turn blurry while tears kept on falling on ground. His breathing wasn't helping the situation at all as he kept trying to breath from his mouth.

"Ji-Yeon... N-Nooo!" Jimin shouted as he wailed harder, while screaming in pain.

"JIMIN-AH! COME BACK HERE! PLEASE DON'T GO INSIDE!" He heard Taehyung screaming as fear was evident in his voice but Jimin was not even in his senses to even understand anything.

Jimin tried to look above at the floor from where he heard the sound of blast. His body shook as his whole body turn cold completely. The fire in the same floor doubled up to which Jimin immediately turned his face away, not being able to see or imagine what is actually happening.

"JIMIN P-PLEASE DON'T... COME BACK TO ME PLEASE OR I AM COMING—- LET ME GO PLEASE! LET THE FUCK GOOOO— JIMIN JIMIN-AHHH!" Jungkook screamed and thrashed uncontrollably in the grasp of the security as he tried to get away from them to run towards Jimin and get him back safely in his arms.

Jimin stayed on the ground for some time while trying to compose himself but suddenly he heard screaming and shouting from inside. Jimin immediately looked inside and subconsciously he slowly got up on his feet as he subconsciously started walking towards the entry door of the building.

"JIMIN STOP.. NOOO NOO STOPPP!" Yoongi's voice shook Jimin's heart a little bit but the screaming inside the building was burning his own soul, so he just followed the screaming and kept walking.

"LET ME GO INSIDE PLEASE! MY BABY IS INSIDE! SHE IS ALL ALONE PLEASE LET ME GOOOO!" Chaeyoung fought the security official who was holding her back while screaming. Jimin breath hitched as he heard Chaeyoung's voice. He looked back only at Chaeyoung as he felt himself crumbling again by witnessing her state. Desperation, helplessness but a little bit of fighting spirit was still evident in her. Her face was wet from tears as she kept crying, thrashing, screaming and even begging to set her free and let her reunite with her Daughter.

Daughter.

Mine...

Fnally something clicked inside Jimin and he ran straight inside the building.

She's my world. My daughter.

I have to safe her and get her back in my arms safely.

And if something happens...

I'll also take the same fate as of my Daughter.

Smoke started to burn Jimin's eyes as he waved the smoke off with his hand to get a clear view. He kept running and found his way towards the stairs.

A horrifying scream of a kid startled Jimin as he gripped the railing of the staircase tightly.

"J-Ji-Yeon...?!" Despite the smoke fogging up his vision and burning his throat, Jimin ran up the staircase without even seeing things properly as he followed the voice of the kid.

Once he reached the second floor, he was about to take the first step of the staircase to the third floor when he saw some people coming down the stairs. He rubbed his eyes to get a clear view and then he finally saw her.

A firefighter was holding two kids in his arms securely as two women were just behind them.

Two small piggy tails with soft fringes on her small forehead, wearing her favourite pink coloured baby jumpsuit looking angelic on her as always. Her doe eyes were puffy from sleep as her nose was turning red because of crying and watery snot running down her nose. Her tears were making her whole face red and wet as she was screaming for something and then he heard her words...