Chapter Eight: Abba and Kisses

“When everything you love has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.”

-Revenge (the tv show)

Chapter Eight: Abba and Kisses

A full moon was coming and that was the only day we could go out in our wolf forms without being seen by humans. On full moons we become invisible to the human eye unless they know about us.

So we were all very excited getting to be in our wolf forms. “Ready or not here I come!” I yelled running down the stairs trying to find Axel and Tristen. I heard giggling coming from inside a closet in the hallway that I instantly knew was Tristen.

Being all ninja like I ripped open the door to find an adorable Tristen sitting on a bench with his hands over his eyes, “I found you!”

He shook his head not removing his eyes, “You can’t see me, if I can’t see you.”

I paused for a moment, pondering this. I believe I said the same thing many and many a year ago in a kingdom by the sea. (A/N Edgar Allen Poe anyone?) “Are you sure you’re not my kid?” I asked him.

He smiled and laughed, “I think daddy would yell at you for having a baby as young as you are.”

I cooed, “Aw, you called me young. You are so cute.” I said and picked him up and squeezed him.

“I know.” He said. “We have to find Axel!”

“You look downstairs I’ll take upstairs. If you don’t find him in fifteen minutes meet me back down here to devise a new strategy (A/N You have no idea how long it took me to spell strategy)” I said.

He nodded his head and scurried off. I ran up the stairs as fast as werewolfly possible. I heard sound coming from behind one of the doors, not looking at who’s the room was I barged in to find my (sadly) mate and Hanna in a very interestingly disturbing postion involving both of them topless.

“Ew!” I cried as I covered my eyes with my hands. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Evynne? What are you doing in here?” Beck’s voice asked.

“I was looking for Axel.”

“In Hanna’s room?”

“This is Hanna’s room?” I asked.

“Yes.” Beck replied.

“Awkward.” I said and turned to leave. “Go back to doing whatever the hell you were doing.” I left the room uncovering my eyes when I knew it was a safe distance from Hanna’s room. I saw that there was a sign saying “Hanna’s Room” right on the door.

I am such an idiot.

I turned a corner to see Axel sneaking into my room with a bag of pixie sticks and two mountain dews. “I hope your sharing.” I called.

He froze and turned slowly, “Hey Evynne.”

“Gimmie me.” I demanded holding my hand out.

“A man after midnight?” He replied.

I sighed, “Great now I have to watch Mamma Mia and have feels all over again. It’s your entire fault.” I said and dragged him into my room. I pulled out my phone and texted Maddie to tell Tristen that we were watching a movie.

“IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL!” I cried into Axel’s shoulder. “Why can’t my life be formed from Abba songs?”

 “Do you cry at every movie?” Axel asked.

“Of course not. I didn’t cry in Sweeny Todd or the Wizard of Oz. What do you want me to say?” I broke out my pretend tears, “IT WAS JUST A DREAM! AND THEY WERE ALL THERE! BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE!”

“Did you cry during the last song?” He asked with a smirk.

“I don’t wanna answer that question.” I replied grumbling into my pillow.

“You did, didn’t you!” He exclaimed jumping up and down like a little kid on my bed.

“How could you not? The dad was died of cancer! I didn’t even wanna go see it.” I defended.

“I didn’t peg you as a Nicholas Sparks fan.” He replied.

“I’m not! Adora dragged me and Maddie!”

          “Sure, I bet you even like—“ he didn’t get to finish the sentence because I throw a pillow square into his face.

          “GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!” I yelled fist pumping the air. Suddenly a pillow smacked me in the side of the head knocking me back on the bed.

          Axel hovered over me with a victorious smirk. “I win.” I could have pushed him off easily, you know with me being a werewolf and all but I didn’t want. Instead my eyes rested on his lips.

 He must have known what I was thinking because they suddenly came towards me. And the rested ever so gently on my lips. My eyes fluttered closed as heat filled my body.

If this is what kissing someone who wasn’t your mate and was human was like. I can only imagine what kissing Beck was like. But I was perfectly okay with just kissing Axel.

Fate why couldn’t Axel have been my mate?

Suddenly Axel was ripped away from me and my eyes flew open and I sat up to see and very confused Axel pinned to the wall by a very angry Beck.

Uh-oh.

Okay, so along with the wonderful comments about Beck being an ass. I would like to know your conspiracy theories on why Beck rejected Evynne. I am just curious. Cuz I might (if I’m nice) reveal what the real reason is in the last chapter if you are nice.

V-----V Vampireluver23