Chapter Twenty-One: Double Trouble

DOing this at school and running out of time. I will add AN later along with a quote. See ya!

Payback Sucks, So Do You!

Chapter Twenty-One: Double Trouble

Beck and I rushed to the pack house, “Are you sure she said today?”

“No,” I replied sarcastically, “She said yesterday.”

“I’m just asking because she’s early.”

“Twins typically are born early.” I stated matter-of-factly. “Shows what you know.”

We got into the house to find Tristen on the couch clutching his stomach and claimed that he had a tummy ache. Adora was running around the place frantically and I told her to calm down or I would burn her batman shirts. “Where’s Dustin?”

“He’s at Eryx’s parents house with the rest of the pack. Him and Kody are trying to keep everyone away from here. Eryx and Maddie don’t need anymore stress.

“Is mommy going to be okay?” Tristen questioned with a worried expression on his face.

“She’s going to be fine. She is having your siblings.” Beck answered.

“Brothers.” Tristen corrected. “I don’t want a sister.” He made a disgusted face and I laughed, I hugged him and joined him on the couch. I put his head on my lap and felt his head.

“He’s burning up.” I murmured. “Adora, make sure the doctor, Eryx and Maddie are okay. They might need help. Beck and I will take care of Tristen.” She nodded and ran up the stairs to Maddie. “Poor baby.” I cooed, playing with his hair.

“I’m not a baby.” He retorted.

“Sure you aren’t.” I looked at Beck and asked, “Do you think it’s a stomach bug or something?”

“Probably.” He replied. Adults werewolves can’t get sick, but young werewolves who haven’t shifted yet can. It’s harder for us adults because we don’t really know much about human diseases and their rare for even young werewolves to get.

Tristen shifted awkwardly and let out a whimper, “Now my arm and head hurt too!” He whined.

I looked at Beck who looked at me, “Do you think…” I trailed off, but he nodded in response. I smiled at him, “Tristen I think you are going through your first shift!”

“Nobody told me it would hurt.” He complained, a loud snap caught my attention and I placed him on the ground. Fur sprouted from his left arm, a shade darker than his hair color.

Evynne, is Tristen okay? Eryx asked me via mind link.

A-OK. Well conisdering he’s shifting.

WHAT?!? LIKE INTO A WOLF?!?

No, into a duck. Of course into a wolf! But don’t worry! Beck and I’ve got this you just worry about your mate and unborn twin terrors.

Thank you!

Well, he does think I’m his mother.

Don’t push it, wow that one sounded like a growl.

Meany.

“Okay, just chit-chatted with your daddy and he’s put Beck and I in charge of making sure you go through your first change okay. Now, it’s going to be tough. But when it’s over you will be a big strong wolf like Beck and Daddy.” More or less. But I figured he would figure out that he was going to be small for a while--until the growth spurt kicks in--eventually. No need to make him upset. “Are you ready?”