Chapter Twenty-Five: Axel and His Band of Merry Hunters

“Dont you hate when ur trying really hard to forget about someone but they keep crawling back into your life?”

-Unknown

Payback Sucks, So Do You

Chapter Twenty-Five: Axel and His Band of Merry Hunters

A brown haired guy stepped up, “Boss, do you know this mutt?”

I am not a mutt! My wolf snapped, I am of alpha blood.

That’s great, why don’t you tell them that, I remarked. So they can kill us or capture us and use us as experiments.

“No, I don’t.” Axel answered, he moved closer to me with a calculating look. “Tell me. How did you know my name?”

“I’m psychic.”

He smirked, “Cute.” He looked at his posse, “I think she’s harmless. Plus she’s injured.”

He sat down next to me, “So what’s your pack position?”

“Wow, are you trying to be casual? Because that is not the way to do it.” I laughed. “Plus what makes you think I’ll tell you anything?”

“Because the higher you are the longer you live?”

“Is that a question or a statement?”

“Depends.”

“On what?”

“Do you have a mate?” Why is it that everytime I face the enemy they ask me that question? Is it that important.

“WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK ME THAT?!? I am my own person! It shouldn’t matter whether i have a soul mate or not! GEEZ!” I shouted. “Ask me a good question!”

“So, you don’t have one. Or you have one but he did something to you.”

Damn he’s good.

“I plead the fifth. I think it’s the fifth. Or is it the sixth? I am really bad at numbers.”

“So you won’t tell us anything?”

“Depends.”

“On…?”

“What will you give me?”

“What, you want money?”

“I prefer books, tv shows, anime...something better than green paper with pictures of human officials on it.” I suggested.

He chuckled. “You’re interesting.”

“GASP! Are you flirting with me? Wait ‘til I tell you posse!” I turned to said posse. “Posse! You’re boss has gone crazy! He’s flirting with the enemy! He may want to mate with me! I think its time to elect a new leader. How do you elect a new leader?”

“That’s confidential.” Brown haired guy from before answered.

“Ah-ha! So you are communists!”

Axel looked at me like I was the one running around trying to kill harmless wolf-people that were at least 5 times stronger than me. “What does this have to do with communism?”

“Everything.” I deadpanned.

Axel walked away and they began whispering. So then I was bored so I picked up a stick and drew an alchemist transmutation circle. Maybe I can use alchemy to change the trap into a sword and it can--

Axel began walking back over to me but I ignored him, fully focusing on my escape plan. He leaned in close to me, “So what’s your alpha’s name?”