Chapter Twenty-two: One Normal Night

“The capacity for friendship is God's way of apologizing for our families.”

― Jay McInerney, The Last of the Savages

Payback Sucks, So Do You

Chapter Twenty-two: One Normal Night?

“Don’t tell your brothers but you're my favorite.” i whispered to the lively Annabelle who was giggling and smiling. I clutched her closer to me and cooed, “You are the cutest thing ever! Beck!” He turned to look at me, “I want one.”

He looked shocked, “Like now? No way. We haven’t even kissed yet--”

I rolled my eyes, “Not right now idiot. I mean later in life. I’m not to keen on popping one out but I mean, you're hot. I’m hot. I think our chances are pretty high for having a cute kid.” He eyes seemed to get cloudy and I walked up to him. “Anna watch how I deal with boys.” I slapped him upside the head. “That is what you do when they are being idiots. And if you get a mate like your uncle Beck you will being do that very often.”

Beck stuck his tongue out at me causing Aaron--who was being held by Beck--to giggle. “Ha! Looks like someone is team Beck.”

“I’m not even team Beck and I’m your mate.”

Adora laughed, “Oh yeah, your team Axel.”

They’re never letting me live that down, I grumbled in my mind causing my wolf to snicker at me.

“So are you excited about going through heat for the first time?” Adora teased me.

I froze with the most horrified face, “But i already went through it.”

Adora looked confused, “Now you didn’t.”

“You’ve got to be fucking me!”

Beck teased, “Are you offering?”

I sent him an ice cold glare, “Mind out of the metaphorical gutter, Beck.” I looked at the clock, Should I tell him that we need to be at my parents’ house in like ten minutes or should I just hope he forgets about it and never mention it again.

“Evynne we should probably head out now.” Damn it! So close. “And I have been keeping my eye on the clock so, no you weren’t close.” Oh great, he’s a mind reader now. How fantastic. “Let’s go.”

He then proceeding to drag me out of the house kicking and screaming. Well, more like he picked me up and carried me to the car which I locked him out of and then he threatened to break my dvds of Death Note. Asshat.

we got out of the car at my house and I looked at him, “Okay, serious time. Are you sure you wish to proceed? I can’t be held responsible for whatever happens in there.”

He smiled at me reassuringly, “I’m sure everything will be fine.” That’s what Stephenie Meyers probably said before starting Twilight. Look how well that turned out. Two words: Train wreck.

I knocked on the door, my heart beating really fast. Holy shit, I was nervous. I don’t get nervous. This was all new to me. Is this what normal people feel? I hate this feeling. It can go suck itself.

I looked over to see Beck was completely calm, Dick.

Suddenly the door opened and my dad stepped out with a shotgun. “Are you the boy who rejected my daughter?” My dad, while on the short side, was still very intimidating I mean he is of alpha blood.

Now Beck looked scared. Good.

“Ye-es ssir.” Beck replied.

My dad’s face broke out into a smile, “I’m just messing with you! Nice to meet you, son. I’m Mason Fairway.”

“Beck Pair.” He seemed more relaxed. Thank god my dad was in his teasing mood today or this would be a lot more awkward. I smiled at my dad and hugged him.

“Hi sweetie. How have you been?”

“Good. You?” He told me how he went fishing with some of his fellow old people and caught a few fish. “Is mom inside?” My dad nodded so I went inside and found my sisters in the living room.

Kayda has blonde hair like me but with green eyes, she is the middle child of the family but also the terror. She was known for being vicious and daring, and she still is. We like most of the same things like Harry Potter, werewolves and vampires.

Her mate was Trez, a pack fighter, who was very strong with short blonde hair and dark grey eyes. He is friendly and funny and his favorite hobby is picking on me. Actually that is pretty much everyone’s favorite hobby.

My eldest sister is Harper, (A/N I believe her name was something else but I couldn’t remember so I changed it. This will forever be her name unless told otherwise) she had long brown hair and blue eyes. She was quiet around people until she had a kid and then I actually started to see her. She is pretty much a second mother to me. She is very smart and watched Jeopardy every night to prove it. She also loved foreign things which explains her mate.

Miguel was from Mexico and made me food all the time (he is an amazing cook) and sometimes he would buy me food. He was pretty smart but he never applied himself and instead spent his time on the some sort of technology or making fun of me.

Harper and Miguel has one child, little Magdalena. She had her fathers face and eyes but her mother’s hair. She was really tall for her age, three years, and is a lot smarter. She is very out-going and lively, and a huge troublemaker.

Trez and Kayda has two kids: Kannon and Thyme. Both. Horrible. Little. Terrors.  I’m not kidding. They are horrible. I avoid them the best I can. They are probably going to give Beck hell.

“Alright, everyone please try your hardest not to make Beck run for the hills. He has explained everything to me and we agreed that he is in fact an idiot. So please, one normal night.”

Kayda smirked, “But Evynne. We already have so much planned.”

“Too bad.” I retorted.

Then Beck walked in and I was suddenly paranoid of every little thing.

This is going to be a long night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that it's so short. But I plan on a nice long chapter next time, so i decided to spilt them up. Hopefully, I will update soon and it will (fingers crossed) be very funny and worth the wait.

I need ideas! What can the Fairways do to Beck? If you have any suggestions please message me and if I like the idea they will be in this chapter. Or maybe in the next book. O.o who knows.

Anyway, GTG.

V----V Vampireluver23

p.s. chapter title comes from the song "One Normal Night" from the Addam's Family Musical, its an amazing musical I highly recommend looking it up (i think its all on youtube) and listening to it or watching it.