Chapter Thirty: Coming to Terms

"I love you and it's getting worse."

-Joseph E. Morris

Payback Sucks, So Do You!

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Coming to Terms

Have ever been caught doing something not accepted by society and you just freeze and you are just like, "Oh shit, I'm screwed!" Yeah it was one of those moments.

"Hey Beck buddy!" I gave him a nervous smile, "I didn't hear you come back in..."

"Evynne. What exactly is going on?" He began to walk towards me with a really scary expression on. Like it was just completely calm but he still radiated power. It was kind of terrfying. And attractive. Nope, not the time for that.  

"Uh, well you see--" I started but he was suddenly in front of me and looking down on me, "I...well I missed."

"I see..." he trailed off and then he smirked, "Well I guess it's time for my turn right?"

"Wait what?" Then I felt something slimy slide down from the top of my head. "What the..." Gravy. The bastard poured the entire gravy boat on my head. "Asshole!" I screamed, jumping off of the table and chased after him causing him to laugh. I shoved him face forward into the table causing him to get food all over the front of him.

"VICTORY IS MINE!" I shouted, laughing as I ran from him, but I mean he was a beta, he was obviously going to catch me. And when he did, he kissed me. And while I was distracted he picked me and carried be to the backyard.

And jumped into the pool.

Do you see what I mean about him being a jerkass?!? So I promptly told him this and he just laughed. And I relished in the moment when Beck wasn't being a tightass. It was nice. But of course I had to ruin the moment. I mean, come on it's me!

So after we had gotten out of the pool and dried off I realized that we were both relatively clean.

So i took a glob of mash potatoes and shoved it down his pants. To say he was surprised would be an understatement. But instead of yelling at me like I thought he would he just cracked up laughing.

So before we were about to head home I decided to have a chat with the lovely Mrs. Pair. "Mrs. Pair I regret to inform you but I believe Beck has either a. started taking drugs or has been kidnapped by aliens and we are currently spending time with his clone whose personality they got wrong."

She laughed, "Oh Evynne, dear. There is nothing wrong with Beck. He's happy. Can't you see it?" She pointed to Beck through the kitchen window and I saw him laughing with his brothers. "Frankly, it is quite surprising to see him like this. He hasn't been the same since he was twelve. He started getting really upset. I don't know why."

When he was twelve? He did start acting strange around that time towards me. Almost as if he was scared of me...no the look in his eyes wasn't quite fear it was more like... ugh! I don't feel like taking a huge emotional journey to the past!

I looked at Mrs. Pair only to see her giving me that same look from before! What is that?!?

"There's that look again! What is the hell does that mean?!?" I shouted.

"It called a 'knowing look' it means I know something or understand what you are going through."

"I know what a 'knowing look' is but why are you giving me one?" I informed her.

"Because you love him."

I wish I had been drinking water so i could have done a spit take, "WHAT?!?"