Chapter Fifteen: Act Natural

Guy to the side is Victor (also the guy who is playing Dimtri in the Vampire Academy movie! Anyone read those?)

“Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you.”

-Austin O'Malley

Chapter Fifteen: Act Natural

In these types of situations I like to remain calm and lie to cover myself and those with me. Apparently Adora doesn’t follow this belief because she jumped and yelled, “You’ll never take me alive!” And tried to run away.

“Adora!” I shouted and yanked her back. I looked back at the guy with an apologetic look, “We have come to seek refuge. My friend here is ah…muy loca.”

“What are you talking about I feel fine!” Adora argued.

“See?” I gestured to her. “She thinks she’s fine. Poor unfortunate soul.”

“I am not crazy!” She argued.

I ignored her and said, “You see we come from a pack from around here and we had to flee from there because, Adora’s mate was killed by the alpha.”

“He’s not dead.” Adora looked confused.

“Poor thing, she’s in denial.” I cooed. “Anyway, my mate rejected me who was the beta so we decided to flee because of the Alpha who is a tyrant. The whole pack is awful. So, may we please join your…er… group?”  I asked batting my eyes.

“Your single you said?” He asked.

“Yup.”

“Velcome to the group!”

“Yay!” I said faking enthusiasm.  

“My name is Victor, I am the leader of the group. Come let me give you a tour.” He motioned for us to go and we began walking, the entire time he kept talk—bragging—about himself. Got he was more conceited than me! And that’s saying something. The worst part was that I think he was flirting with me! EW! Oh well now I know how to get to him.

We made it inside the headquarters which was an abandon mansion that looked to be falling to pieces. Windows were broken, a chandelier was hanging hap hazardously from the ceiling looking like it was about to fall.

He took us down to the basement where he explained is where they keep their prisoners. They had built cells into the walls. I pretended that I was just looking around not very interested but really I was looking for Tristen. We made it around all of them and we couldn’t find them.

“Umm…here’s a rethorical question. If you had a prisoner that was say a young boy and was the son of an alpha where would you put him?” I asked batting my eyes and trying to be cute—not like I was actually trying.

It seemed to work because he gave me a strange look like he well, like he was interested. I smiled sweetly and he replied, “We would keep him up here, we wouldn’t want anything to happen to him. An angry alpha and alpha female on our asses.” He smiled back at me. I was trying and succeeding in not throwing up. “Why do you want to know?”

“Oh nothing just wondering.” I replied batting my eyes at him.

“One moment.” He said and whispered to his guard. They seemed to talk for a moment and he then broke off. He came back with a smile on his face. “Evynne and Adora let me show you to your rooms.”

I sat on my bed staring out the window. I looked at the window and was staring at the woods. I couldn’t help but feel so angry at myself. I felt so dirty flirting with the man that killed Beck. I didn’t feel bad for leading the guy on, I felt bad for Beck.