Chapter Twenty: For Ole' Times Sake

"Forget about revenge, and live on."

-Ceil Phantomhive, Black Butler 

Payback Sucks So Do You

Chapter Twenty: For Ole’ Times Sake

“But Beck!” I whined. “I don’t wanna go on a date.”

“But I want us to be a normal couple,” he argued looking very serious and determined about his thought.

    “Beck, you’d be going on a date with me. I don’t exactly qualify as ‘normal’.” I pointed out. He began to protest, “I killed my own mate off in a dream. Not exactly ‘normal’.” I put air quotes around ‘normal’.

    So apparently Beck and I reached the point our relationship where he wanted us to do couple things. I hate dates. They are awkward and uncomfortable and sometimes really cliche. But he won’t listen to me. Apparently, I got stuck with a determined mate.

    Yay.

    Giving up, I decided to go bother Maddie, I had heard her pregnancy has been rough this time. Ha ha. I found her in her room, lying on her bed complaining. So nothing was completely out of the ordinary.

    “I hate everything,” She mumbled. “The world sucks. People suck. Pregnancy sucks. Everything just sucks.”

    “So you’re feeling better?” I joked, but shut up when she sent me an alpha female worthy glare. “Right. So what’s wrong?”

    “I’ve been bed ridden. Literally. Eryx won’t let me leave this room. I am so bored.”

    “Well you shouldn’t have almost fallen down the stairs.” I reminded her. She reached out and slapped me on the shoulder, “Stop being a bitch.” She mumbled to herself as I rolled my eyes and looked around. “Where’s Eryx?”

    She looked up and grinned, “He’s playing his favorite game…” Oh dear god, not this again. “FEED THE MADDIE!”

    “Why do you do that?” I asked.

    “Because I am adorable.”

    “Don’t lie to yourself.”

    “Well, I’m pregnant. So...meh.”

    “You’re just being over dramatic.” I replied, and thankfully Eryx came in holding a tray of two pieces of bread one with peanut butter and the other with jelly. She sat up and took the two pieces of bread and pressed them together, “Smoosh!”

    Eryx and I rolled our eyes familiar with the weird things Maddie did. Seriously, this happened all the time. “By the way, Evynne, Beck wants me to convince you to go on a date with him.”

    What the hell? Using my own family against me, that’s just low!...Oh right. Er...nevermind.

    “Don’t do it, Evynne.” Maddie interjected, “Mates suck.”

    “I JUST MADE YOU FOOD!” Eryx shouted loudly causing me to cover my ears. Maybe I should leave, I thought.

    “YOU ALSO GOT ME PREGNANT AND NOW I AM DYING!”

    “YOU NOT DYING YOU'RE JUST BEING OVERDRAMATIC!” Wow, me and Eryx are on the same page for once, what are the odds?

    “STOP YELLING AT ME!” That’s when I started to leave but I didn’t get very far before both Alpha’s heads turned towards me. “Where do you think you’re going?” Maddie hissed.