Chapter Fourteen: Stake Out

“You know, it’s very strange. I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it’s over, I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life.”

-Inigo Montoya The Princess Bride

Chapter Fourteen: Stake Out

I woke up to Adora standing over me with a look of concern. “Evynne! You’re okay!” She exclaimed hugging me.

I tried to sit up bit there was a pain in my chest, and suddenly everything that happened came to me. “No, no, no, no!” I shook my head. “Adora, he’s not dead! He can’t be!”

Adora looked at me and was about to say something before the door to my room was barged down and Maddie stood in my door. “Where is Tristen?” She asked trying to look polite.

“He was—“

“With Axel.” Adora lied. I looked at her confused before she mouthed, “I’ll explain later.” I nodded my head and smiled at Maddie.

“Maddie you need to calm down. Tristen is fine.” I reassured.

“Why won’t anyone let me see him?” Because he was captured by rogues.

“Because you need a break from him.” I lied. “He is a handful and you are extremely pregnant…with twins.”

Suddenly Axel walked into my room and Maddie glared at him and me and Adora tried to act calm. “Is Tristen with you?”

“No, why would Tristen be—“ my glare cut him off, “I mean yes, yes he is. I just handed him off to Eryx.” He lied really obviously.

“Fuck you.” She told him and walked out of the room.

“What is up with not telling her about Tristen?” I asked Adora.

“She’ll go on a killing spree.” I nodded. I really hated the rouges. I wanted them to die for what they did. They killed Beck and stole Tristen. “We need to get him back.” She whispered.

I nodded, “But how?”

She smiled at me, “I am pretty sure you can come up with some crazy plan.”

“I don’t feel like coming up with a plan. It hurts Adora. He’s not here.”

“I know—“

“No you don’t, you have your mate. You get to live happily ever after with him. I don’t.”

“He wouldn’t want you to stay here and cry over him. He would have wanted you to go after Tristen!”

“No he wouldn’t. His last words were: just stay safe. He wouldn’t want me to go risk my life—a life he gave his to protect—can’t the boys just go save him?”

Adora stared at me, “What the hell Evynne? Get off your sorry ass and let’s go save our best friend’s son! The boys are going to take forever to save him! He could be dead by the time they get there!”

The mention of Tristen dying got me to get out of bed and looking for clothes. After pulling on dark jeans and ugly green shirt. I pulled on a jacket that was from a few years ago and pulled Adora with me. We ran out of the pack house and into the woods.

“Where are we going?” Adora whispered.

“To the rouges headquarters.”  

“Evynne we have no idea where that is.”

“No, but the scents will lead them to us. Seriously, we are werewolves Adora which means following scents solve almost all of our problems.”

She looked at me strangly, “Are you okay?”

“My mate is dead and I never got a chance to actually have a relationship with him. I feel absolutely awful. I mean, if I didn’t get revenge on him things could have turned out different.” I looked at Adora who stared at me and suddenly a loud slap echoed through the woods. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?”

“Stopping being pissy.” She replied. “So what is our plan?”

“Spy on them and see what we can gather about them. Then contact the others for back up.” I replied. The scents began to stop and suddenly we were near a very large warehouse. You could hear all sorts of interesting noises coming from the building such as: panting (don’t want to know the origin), crying (hoping it wasn’t Tristen) and a lot of yelling (probably a very mean leader).

We crouched down and watched as some of the wolves trained and paired off. Some of the moves were way cooler than or own. Let’s just say that after five minutes of watching them and I looked at Adora and said, “I’m intimidated.”

“Me too.”

“So what do we do now?” I shrugged and I began counting the numbers of people.

“Okay so they are more experience but  they have smaller numbers then we do. We also have a reason to fight. But the can always use Tristen as a hostage. Hmm…” I began calculating the possible outcomes. “Oh that great.”

“What?”

“In all scenarios we lose.” She rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, someone needs to beat you severally with the positive stick. What happened to being optimistic?”

“There is no such thing as a positive stick,” I replied.

I felt a breath next to my ear, “Vell, vell, vho do ve have hear?” An accented male voice spoke behind me. I turned to meet the eyes of the rouge that killed Beck. I stared at him in shock and then glanced at Adora who looked scared.

Uh-oh.

I know it sucks and its short but I wanted to update at least something so hear it is! Merry Christmas (or Hanukkah if that’s what you celebrate) in July! YAY! No as my present you should give nice comments. Cuz that would be mean if you gave rude ones. And kids remember there is no such thing as mean people on the interent (sarcasm).

Well, I think I wasted enough of your time for today.

BYE!

V-----V Vampireluver23

P.s. I am doing the little mermaid and am in this song which is the best song in the entire musical so check it out. It is stuck in my head!!!! IT WONT GET OUT!