Chapter Twenty-Seven: Oh boy, Three A.M!

*WARNING: GROUCHY TIRED EVYNNE AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!*

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."

~John Lennon

Payback Sucks, So Do You!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Oh Boy, Three A.M!

Maddie please shut your kid up, I begged as I tried to block out the sound of Annabelle's cry by turning over and burying my face in Beck's shoulder. Glancing up I noticed he was asleep. He was freaking sleeping while a banshee was screaming through out the fucking pack house!

Good to know if I Was ever like attacked or murdered in the night he wouldn't fuckign wake up! Ugh! Mates!

I picked up my phone and saw it was three a.m. I hate everything.

I gave up and got up and walked towards the nursery until I was three feet away from the door and stopped. She stopped crying. I heard faint singing, so curiosity got the best of me and I peered inside to see Tristen standing next to Annabelle's crib.

It would have been even cuter if I hadn't recognized the lullaby as the one Sharkboy sings in Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Annabelle remained still and silent as she watched her big brother with a wide grin. Before her eyes began to get droopy and she fell back to sleep. Tristen kissed his hand and placed it on his sleeping sister's cheek. "Goodnight little sister."

He turned away and saw me standing at the doorway recording everything he froze had the most horrific face I had ever seen, more scared then Tamaki's when Honey woke up to find Usa-chan covered in tea. Yes, that terrified.

All I could do was rush towards him and squeeze him cooing about how adorable everything was. Of course the brat stole my phone and ran out of the room.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" I dashed after him, chasing him down the hall past Beck and I's room and down the stairs. "First you frame me for you cheating at the eating contest and now this?!? I thought we were tight!"

He turned his head and stuck his tongue out at me.

"OH YOU LITTLE BRAT!" He laughed and ran from me circling around the first floor of the pack house and back up the stairs.

"All things alchemic! Please stop with the stairs!"

Then he ran into the my old room. I banged on the door. "Get out her and face me like a man!"

"After I delete that!"

"Okay, fine."

"What do you mean?"

"I already emailed them to your mom."

"How could you?!? If she found out I actually like Annabelle she might make me spend time with her!"

"Really? That's what this is about?"

"I might get cooties! This is serious, Evynne!"

"You make a valid point, young alpha."

"Really? Isn't this where your suppose to tell me there will come a day when I will stop believing in cooties when I meet my mate?"

"Hell no! I've met my mate and all it has done is make me believe more in cooties." I answered. "If anyone has cooties, it's Uncle Beck."

"Really?" Only that wasn't Tristen I turned to see Beck standing in front me with an amused look on his face. "I wasn't aware of this."

"Well duh." I replied. "Everyone knows you have cooties."