Chapter Two: Step One

“It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Chapter Two: Step One

          “Are you sure you want to move into the pack house?” My mother asked looking at me.

          “Yes, I have always wanted to, and now I am going to go for the gold! Except I am more of a silver person, but that is beside the point.” I assured.

          “You get pregnant with a baby that isn’t your mate’s I will kick your ass.” She warned. I rolled my eyes, oh mother what am I going to do with you? “Did you talk with your uncle?”

          “Yes, mom I did.” I answered with a bored tone. I looked at my mother; she looked like a motherly person. My friends treated her like a second mother, because she was always such a nice person to people who respect her.

          She had short curly reddish brown hair that was always clipped back or braided or something nice to it. I on the other hand left mine long, blonde hair down and that irritated her. She had blue eyes like mine, but I have her father’s eyes supposedly. So to clarify, we look nothing alike and are nothing alike. She was light I was dark; she was a social friendly person while I hated most people. We were both creative, but everyone in my family is artistic in some way or form. I wrote, she sewed, my dad did all forms of art, my grandmother quilted and painted, my sisters, Kaya and Hero, were really good with projects.

          “Do you need help packing?” My mother asked.

          “Nope, I am good. I am a big strong werewolf, I’ve got it.” I ran up to my room and stuffed everything into my bags and trunk. Yes, I have a trunk, I got one when I was ten in case I got my Hogwarts letter. It’s just late.

          I carried all of my stuff to my car and with a last goodbye drove off to the pack house. When I got there I quickly greeted my uncle, or the retired alpha of our pack, Alpha Knox.

          “Hey uncle.” I said hugging him.

          “Hello, Evynne. How’s my favorite niece?”

          “Wonderful as usually! Has Madeline and Eryx come back yet?” I asked. My cousin, Eryx and his mate were coming back from their trip with their two year old son named Tristen. He had the prettiest blue eyes and he had adorable blond hair.

          “Yes, they are upstairs in their-“ he didn’t have time to finish before I had bolted up the stairs and ran into their room. When I opened their door they all looked at me and then I ran and hugged Madeline.

          “Maddie!” I exclaimed.

          “Evvie!” she exclaimed. We hugged and then I ran over to my favorite God son.

          “Tristen!” I exclaimed and pulled him into a hug.

          “Auntie Evynne!” He giggled. Aw, he is just too cute.

          “Oh so guys I need your help.” I said going into serious mood.

          Eryx looked at me, “I am not beating up your ex-boyfriend. I don’t care if he is a brony or reads Twilight. It’s not going to happen.”

          Eryx had really short dark brown hair and hazel colored eyes. He was strong and tough looking, like the kinda guy that if you got in his way he’d kick your ass. But in reality he is really nice, well to me and his mate.