Chapter Thirty-Five: Memory Lane

Payback Sucks, So Do You!

Chapter Thirty-Four: Memory lane

I was laying in the annoying cot in the annoying place with really white walls. Like white. So white I thought I was dead for a moment when I first woke up, but I didn't seen the Barricade from Les Miserable so i rejected that idea.

The good thing is I got to see Layla's face when the dinosaurs' won the games before I got captured. Oh that face. That was almost better that that time I got her mom to freak out.

Oh good times...

7 Years Ago

"Evynne!" My mother yelled from downstairs. "Layla is here! Come down and play with her."

Nine year old me groaned and put down her Barbies, "We shall reconvene when Sybil is gone." I was very grumpy about leaving in the middle of my game and I told my mother this.

"Maybe Layla would like to help you finish the game." I looked over at Layla in her curly auburn pigtails, thick blue glasses and frilly pink dress.

"Layla would you like to play Barbie's with me?" I said with a grimace and in a really uninterested tone.

"What's happening in your game?"

I smiled, "Well, John Howard--a very wealthy and humble man-- was found dead in the river and that sent the town into an uproar. With the help from Sean Holmes, a decadent of the Great Sherlock Holmes, it was discovered that John owed money to the local Mafia. Where I left off Sean and his sidekick Vincent MacBray are disguising themselves as prostitute-"

"Evynne!" My mother shouted and nodded to my aunt who stood with a look of horror.

"There is something seriously wrong with your daughter." My aunt pointed out.

Just then Layla asked, "What's a prostitute?"

"Prostitutes are sex--"

"You need to get your child checked out!" My aunt shreeched.

"I did. There is nothing wrong with her. Maybe a slight case of ADHD."

"ADHD has nothing to do with this! She needs a therapist! How does she even know what a...that is."

"You mean a prostitute?" I offered.

She glared at me, "Yes. How does she even know what that is?" She asked my mother.

"I am well educated." I answered.

"Obviously not."

"Evynne is mature for her age." My mother explained. "Also, her sisters let her watch their movies."

"Why would you let her watch those?"

"So she learns not be a hooker when she grows up."

Layla interrupted, "I thought we were talking about prostitutes?"

"We are." I answered. "A hooker is just another name for one."

"Oh." Layla replied and thankfully stayed quiet.

"Stop corrupting my daughter!" My aunt shouted at me.

"Don't make me angry." I said in a creepy voice. "I have friends that come to me at night sometimes. They tell me to hurt people I don't like." I gave her a creepy smile. "Sometimes I do.