Chapter Five: The Human

“Virtuous people often revenge themselves for the constraints to which they submit by the boredom which they inspire.”

-Confucius

Chapter Five: The Human

3 Months Later

I wanted to see how far I could take it, with my revenge. Let’s see how well he can control himself after I told him the “news”. I had laid low with the revenge just teasing him slightly with the fact that I am “dating his brother”. But the time had come for what was step five.

Just wait.

I grabbed Kody’s hand and made my way down the stairs. I ran up to Maddie and Adora, and they asked me how everything went. “Oh it went great!” I replied when I saw that Beck was with in hearing distance.

“What did?” Beck asked walking up to us. His eyes immediately when to Kody and mine’s interlocked fingers.

“Didn’t you hear?” He shook his head confused, “I’m pregnant.” He looked completely stunned. “And it’s Kody’s!” Now he just looked pissed.

He growled low enough for only us to hear, “Kody. I’m going to kill you.” Suddenly he lunged for Kody but I stood in the way. “Evynne move.”

“No.”

“Move!”

“No!” I pulled him outside so he didn’t kill anyone. As soon as I got out there I burst out laughing. “Oh my God! Your—your face! It was—Oh my god! It was so freaking priceless!” I gasped out in between laughs.

He looked confused. Good. I thought it a weird Dracula like voice, Very good.

“Wait so the baby’s not Kody’s?”

I stopped laughing, “No, I could do way better than Kody. I knew it would be way funnier if I said it was your brothers.”

“So who is it’s?”

“No ones.”

“It can’t be no ones!”

“I’m not really pregnant!”

He looked relieved, “Oh, thank god!”

“Aw, I owe Adora twenty bucks.” I whined. He looked confused again—I swear that is his only facial expression when he is around me. “I bet her you would be pissed, and then go ape shit on my ass about how ‘lying is wrong’ and ‘that wasn’t funny’ your no fun.” I explained.

“That wasn’t funny! I almost killed my brother!”

“I stopped you.”

“Grr! Your so irritating and immature!”