𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

Rui x reader

(there will be a bit of a mention of rui x nene.)

>>>>

>>>>

YOU have been dating rui for a while, you loved him, and he loved you. currently, you were on the rooftop of Kamiyama high school, with your friends, An and Touya. you three were talking happily about random stuff, An cracking a few jokes here and there to make you and Touya laugh a bit. you had a wonderful life, you had everything you could ever ask for. a loving family who supports you in everything, a great boyfriend, and loving and supportive friends all around you, what else could you possibly ask for? you ate as Touya and An chatted with each other, you joining in the conversation later on. a few minutes into the current conversation, the bell rung.

you pack up your finished lunch as you stood up and waved goodbye to your colleagues, you walked to your next period, sit down at your seat, and wait for the day to pass by.

- TIMESKIP WHERE ALL YOUR CLASSES ARE DONE. -

class was finally done, and you left your classroom with your bag on your shoulder. trying to find your beloved rui, as you walked in the halls, you spotted rui in the halls. you approach the male, he looked, troubled.

"you okay darling?"

"uh, [y/n]?"

"yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"sure, go ahead."

"But, promise me something."

"hm?"

"you won't get mad? promise?"

you had a bad feeling about this.

"promise."

"Okay, so Uhm... how do I even start. uh, I dated you because it was a bet. I never actually liked you nor loved you. I'm dating nene actually uh, I hope you don't hate me or anything."

"really? did you date me as a bet? a fucking bet? Do you think my feelings for you are worth a fucking bet? all the times I sacrifice my time for you? thrown away just like that? because of a bet you took? you do know my feelings or anyone's feelings arent supposed to be played like that. you should have known that, rui. I have no words."

"I...no, I don't think your feelings are worth a single bet. I'm sorry."

"And you didn't even tell me from the start, you kept leading me on. and your sorry? really? not forgiven, don't ever fucking contact me ever again, rui. I should've known better."

you walked away from the surprised and sad male, tears staining your face, and he had the balls to date you and someone else at the same time? he dated one of your closest friends while dating you as a bet, a bet. a worthless bet to date you and play with your feelings. you should've known better, although. it felt...genuine. like he actually loved you. maybe he's just a good actor. I don't know anymore. you ran somewhere, your legs taking you where ever you wanted to go. 

you heard your phone ring, you picked up your phone as your tears blur your eyesight. you shakily pressed take the call. 

"hello..?" you shakily answered.

"[y/n], please listen to me I didn't mean to break your heart-"

once you heard his voice, you immediately ended the call and blocked the number.

you were grateful for everything, even rui. but this. is too much for you to process. a bet, a bet to play with your feelings, you wondered if he would act the same if he had genuinely loved you, would he treat you the same as he treated you in that relationship? you would never know, cause you literally blocked him on every app you had him added on. after doing that, you ran, letting your legs take you where ever it was planning to take you at. you stop right in front of an empty playground, you sigh deeply as you sat on the swing, as you swung back and forth. you heard light footsteps going towards the playground. you sniffle as you rub your eyes to get rid of the fresh tears. you took a shaky breath as you heard the other swing get used by the person.

"rui, if that's you just..leave me alone for god's sake."

"Are you okay [y/n]?" you heard Touya's voice instead of the person who broke your heart.

you shook your head 'no'.

you heard the man sigh deeply,

"I and An saw you running away from school, crying. what happened if I can ask?"

you shakily explained to Touya what happened with you and rui, with fresh tears running down your cheek. he rubbed your back comfortably. you cried into his school uniform as he whisper sweet things in your ear.

after a few minutes of crying and sniffling, you finally came to an end of your crying. you were still sniffling though, you grabbed your handkerchief, and blew on it,

"thank you. for uh, comforting me."

"no need to thank me." he smiled at you comfortably,

"I should get going, I still have rehearsal. I'm sorry that I can't stay for long [n/n]."

"It's fine, good luck on rehearsal."

he gave you a gentle smile as he stood up from the swing and kissed your forehead. you smile once again and waved goodbye as he walked out of the playground. you sigh softly to yourself as you stood up and walked out of the playground as well, as you walked on a certain path that leads you to a theme park, the theme park you always went to with your band members, emu, nene, Tsukasa, and rui. you had some sort of stage fright sometimes. you loved doing whatever you are done with the band and the band members, but. you had to leave at some point and abandon things.

as each step you take, the closer you get to your destination. you see the theme park in the distance, you picked up your pace. in just a matter of minutes, you arrive at the entrance of the theme park. you went through the entrance, and now you're inside of the theme park, people walking around, mostly teenagers and a few adults with children.

you walk around, eyes scanning everywhere for a certain group. after a few minutes of scanning around and walking, you finally saw the group, two girls and two guys. you went to them, tapping the one with the pink bob cut. she turned around to look at you, the others doing the same.

"wonderhoy [y/n]! we've been looking for you everywhere, where were you?"

"emu, can I tell you something?"

"of course! you can tell me anything!"

"Promise me you'll still continue to perform for people?"

"promise, but why are you asking me to promise that?"

"emu, uhm. how do I tell you this.."

"go on.." emu started to get worried, what were you going to tell her?

you sigh deeply and started talking once more,

"I'm leaving."

emu looked shocked, and so did the others.

"what do you mean by leaving?!" Tsukasa spoke up, rui stayed silent but looked shocked.

"Yeah, what do you mean by leaving [y/n]..?" nene spoke,

"you're joking right?" emu stated worriedly.

"I'm not. I'm going back to my country to live with my parents for a while,"

"I don't know when I'm coming back." you finished off.

"wha- we can still contact you right..?" emu looked like she was about to cry in front of you.

"certainly, you can contact me any time, just not rui. I blocked him everywhere I have him added."

"why?" Tsukasa spoke up once more.

"you could ask him about the details, I'm leaving in a week."

"But we have a show to do in a week! we cant do it without you, you're the main actor there, remember?!" Tsukasa tried to protest, but you stuck with your words.

"why not make nene or emu the main actor?"

everyone went dead silent, you sighed deeply.

"I'm sorry that we had to come to this, I'll be back one day, although I do not know if I would join back wonderlands x showtime." you started and paused for a second, before continuing to speak,

"tell Miku and the others that I'm leaving, I told you here because I do not wish for all of you to worry for me while I'm gone, I can't just leave you here not knowing I left."

"But-" 

"No. I made up my mind Tsukasa. I'm leaving, I might come back or not, you can't make me stay. I already decided and bought the tickets,"

"What about rui? don't you love him?" emu tried to get you to stay.

"used to, I know the truth now, I do not wish to talk about it, maybe you could ask rui about the details and what happened."

everyone went quiet again, nene looks like she was about to burst into a million droplets of rainfall, nene looked heartbroken by the news, and so did Tsukasa, rui looked worried. although you did not want his sympathy.

you sigh deeply once more, 

"I should get going now, don't expect me to go to school for a week, I already told the teachers I need to leave Japan for something. oh and rui, have fun with your relationship with nene. I wish you all luck and happiness. farewell, dear friends." 

you bow to them as you left, you did not look back, you did not wish to look back if you did... you would feel a pang of guilt hit you because of emu, she was one of your closest friends you ever made when you first came to Japan.

you sigh, picking up the pace of your walking, wanting to get out of this park. salty tears started pouring out of your eyes. you felt guilty, leaving all your friends here. but this is the best for now, right?

✧༺♥༻∞

>>>>

anywayy, I hope you enjoyed that ! hopefully there aren't many grammar mistakes, I'll go write like three chapters in three different books now, please drink water and eat food, take care reader ! bye bye !

( •̀ ω •́ )✧

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷NEXT UP
                                   rui x reader