𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲!

rui x reader

>>>>

IT was Rui's birthday today, you and the rest of WxS were setting up a surprise party for him. it was you and nene's duty to keep rui distracted until Miku, emu, and Tsukasa were done setting up the surprise party. currently, you were with nene, spying on rui and discussing how to approach the wild man.

"why not approach him like, you approach him? not me." nene asked.

"wha- this is supposed to be the both of us working!"

"but nobody said it was supposed to be us both together working! wouldn't that be suspicious?"

"no? it wouldn't be suspicious if rui saw us together walking in the park and shii! were literally one of the closest people in WxS or something!!" you told the female beside you who was peaking out her head to see the male, she quickly whipped her head back.

"Okay that makes sense, Let's go. you're the second genius besides rui."

"I'm failing math but okay."

both of you stood up and ran somewhere, you both panted, trying to catch your breaths.

"okay, let's walk towards him and act like we don't know anything."

you nod your head in agreement, you stood up straight and took a deep breath,

"Alright, let's go nene."

you both walked to a cafe where rui went, seeing him seated already, you both looked at each other, faces in distress.

"it's fine, we can do this nene," you whispered to the female.

you both walked into the cafe, getting greeted into the cafe by a waitress, and were guided to your guy's table, which ended up being in front of Rui's table. wow, how lucky. the waitress gave you both each a menu to pick out from, nene ordered what she wanted, you ordered what you wanted and the waitress said to wait for your orders to arrive.

"do you think he would notice us?" nene asked.

"no shit. we're seated right in front of him," you replied to her question.

you heard someone stand up from their seat, and it was behind your table. hearing footsteps going towards your table. you whispered a curse under your breath and tried acting normal. the footsteps stopped right beside your table with nene.

"oh hey loser." nene greeted jokingly

"can I sit beside you ladies?" a familiar voice asked.

"yeah sure." nene said before you could even say anything, wow.

the man took a seat beside you and talked with the both of you for a while until your order came, as you all spoke with each other and ate or drank drinks you received a message from a secret group with, Miku, emu, and Tsukasa and of course you and nene, saying that they were done with the decorations and just needed to prepare food and the cake, of course, you texted them back saying 'okay' and that you and nene would keep distracting the Mr genius. looks like nene as well, saw the messages. you closed your phone and stored it in your pocket. when you look up from your phone you already saw the waitress has the checkbook.

"yo guys, I have to go somewhere. cya." nene stood up and suddenly had to go, which was never your guy's plan. when she was walking away you stared at her in disbelief. she looked back at you and gave you a mischievous smile before whipping her head back and walked away. you wanted to scold nene for leaving you with rui but you will, later though. you heard him stand up from his seat.

"let's go somewhere, shall we?"

"Alright."

you took the man's hand and started walking somewhere in the park that you were both in, just strolling around and admiring the scenery. your lips became a smile as you looked at the scenery more. you didn't notice the man beside you, walking beside you was looking at your features. he secretly admired you from afar, you may not be close to him as you are close with nene, but he still tries to be there for you whenever you need it. you appreciate what he does for you, you really do. you respected him and admired him for what he is, even if people considered him a weirdo. sometimes, you love watching him make robots and stuff. people just misunderstood him. you loved what he does. and he loves what you do.

you received a text from the group chat once more, them saying that everything was in place and stuff, apparently, nene left to help them prepare. since you were the only one distracting rui, now it was your duty to bring him to the surprise party. you texted back that you were on it.

"hey, rui?"

"hm?"

"Can we go somewhere? I would like to show you something if that's fine of course!"

"ah, sure. lead the way darling."

you started leading him towards the party. you pulled out your phone and send a message saying that you were heading to the party with rui and that they should get prepared. after a few minutes of walking, you finally arrive at the place.

"rui."

"mhm?"

"Close your eyes."

"are you going to kiss me?"

"bet."

"wha-"

"no, I'm joking, seriously. close your eyes."

the man chuckled softly and closed his eyes.

"good." you pulled out a blindfold and put it slightly over his eyes, tying it slightly in the back.

"do you trust me rui?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"hold my hand." the man obligated and held your arm as you started leading him again, you entered the place and saw Miku reaching out for a chip, she noticed you and went back to hiding.

you untied Rui's blindfold and ran somewhere to hide, even though that sounds stupid that you would disappear suddenly.

"[y/n]?" rui got worried that you suddenly weren't there.

he opened the lights and everyone who was hiding suddenly popped out of their hiding place while either saying, yelling, or shouting a happy birthday. you just simply said happy birthday. rui was smiling, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes.

"you guys..."

"happy birthday, weirdo."

"happy birthday, rui!"

"happy birthday."

"Happy belated birthday."

"wonderhoy! happy birthday, ruii!"

"wait, is happy belated birthday for after Rui's party thing?"

"... I don't know."

laughs interrupted in the room, rui joining in the laughter.

"Okay! time to do that cake thing then the party starts, right?" emu and Miku asked.

"yeah," you answered Miku's and emu's question.

you lit up the candles of the birthday cake. singing happy birthday with the others. once the song finished and rui blew out the candles, the party started.

music started playing, Miku went straight to the cake to get a slice, with emu too actually. nene was drinking water while watching the others. rui was chatting with you and Tsukasa. you didn't say much since you were eating a piece of the cake, Miku gave it to you, how kind of her. Tsukasa went to get something to eat so it left you with rui.

"Hey, can we talk somewhere in private?" you asked.

"sure."

you led him somewhere private and stood in front of him, you were nervous about telling him this.

"rui,"

"that's me."

"look, I liked you for a long time and I can't keep it to myself any longer. It's fine if you don't like m-"

you were cut off by rui kissing you, his lips onto yours, hands on your waist and the other on the back of your head.

wow, the best birthday gift he ever got was you. that joke fucking sucks. but seriously, he's glad that you confessed to him on his birthday. yay, he got himself gifts and a significant other. yippeeeeeeee