Dive into Your Heart

Before our journey truly begins, before you start, you must ask yourself. who you truly are. youve been around worlds many times. made many friends. and fought countless battles. now you have reunited with your friends from hollow bastion. but yet, your still far from the truth.

You open your eyes and see that you are standing on your station of awakening. the picture is of you sleeping as you hold your keyblade in your hand. the small pictures around your head represent your closest friends. the first is Sora. the second is Squall. the third is your old friend Zip. and the fourth is your other friend Tap. however these two have both given in to darkness. and are now your enemies the fifth and final portrait is of Aqua. the girl you met years ago. and your better half. 

as you look down at your station. the voice speaks again. 

reflect on your past. remember the times you cherished. 

as you close your eyes. 3 memories flash through your mind. 

the first is of you and your old friends. in your home world. you were just little kids as you, Zip and Tap sit in a tree house in your back yard. all 3 of you playing cards. you chuckle as you lay down your hand. Zip groans as he falls backward and spreads out like a star. while Tap throws his arms up in a "really?" fashion. 

the second memory to flash through your mind is od you meeting Terra, Aqua and Ventus. you were just 2 years older. the same age as ventus. you stood in the main courtyard as Eraqus introduces you. Terra smiled and offered a handshake. Ventus smiled as he ran up and patted your back. and aqua just blushed and offered a small wave. 

the final memory was of you meeting sora in traverse town. he was confused and tried to fight you with his keyblade. you were annoyed and shoved pst him as he fell over. you were looking for Squall who changed his name to go undercover.

which of these memories, do you reflect on the most?

the voice asks as you make a choice. as you nod to yourself. you turn around as a door appears before you. 

your choice is made. now, what memories do you wish to forget?

the door is blocked by a wall of darkness. you once again close your  eyes and think.

the first memory is of you dressed in your keyblade armor as you sprint forward. Terra was fighting xehanort atop the cliff and Aqua was helping Ventus below. you were running towards your old friends Tap and Zip as they donned black coats. both of them had their weapons drawn as you jump into their air with your keyblade held high. and as you fall towards them you swing as they attack as well. all 3 of your weapons colliding as a flash of white occurs.

the second memory is of you standing in front of hollow bastion. sora had arrived before you and left with beast. you were heavily wounded. and bleeding badly from your chest. you could barely walk as you held your keyblade lazily. the Wayfinder aqua made for you hanging around your neck as a necklace. you slowly stepped towards hollow bastion. you werent done yet.

the third memory is of you standing in front of master yen sid as he informs you of the current sitution. Aqua was trapped. terra was missing. and ventus was comatose. you slammed your fist down on the table as you cried. your best friends were turned. your love was trapped. and you failed to save ventus as you promised. 

as you think you sigh as you choose another memory. 

i see, so that is your deepest regret.