Intermission

You yell as you fly backwards and land on your back, you roll with momentum as you rest on one knee. Your right arm on the ground and your left hand on your knee.

Sora Yells as he falls back and lands beside you on his stomach. Riku puts a hand on his hip as he falls to his knees.

"He's...too strong...we can't..." Riku mumbles as Xemnas floats towards the 3 of you. Dressed in his final form robes.

"Your strength is admirable" he says in his deep voice "but it is not enough. We shall go together, all of us, into the beyond"

You pant and wheez as you lift your head to stare at Xemnas. The 3 of you were dressed in your previous outfits (KH2) as Xemnas spoke.

"I'm never one to give up guys but..." Sora climbs to his hands and knees "I can't go on...he's beaten us..."

You grind your teeth as you growl. "Damnit... Not like this..."

Xemnas chuckled as he raised his hands and prepared to call on more lasers.

But then he turns his head as he looks at you. Slowly climbing to your feet.

"What is this...defiance?" You shake your head "it's not defiance Xemnas...it's Hope"

He tilts his head "how do you hope in the face of despair?" You clench your fists as you limp toward him "Hope is what makes us strong...it's what drives us in our darkest hours... Hope is what keeps us going. In the face of death, and worse"

Xemnas then points his hand at you "ever the strong willed. I shall make it quick" you then shake your head again. "No..."

Xemnas nods "then you shall perish painfully!"

He swings his hand as lasers quickly fly at you from nowhere. The white and grey swirled void you were in, going on forever.

The lasers got you as you fall down again. "GYAARH!" You shout.

"Y/n!" Sora says as he tries to stand up, but fails as he falls back to a knee.

However as Xemnas watches you slowly climb back to your feet he seems confused

"Why. I have won. Yet you keep getting up. Surely this hope of yours isn't as powerful as my rage"

You don't respond as you stand up again. And you stumble toward him.

He swings his hand again as more lasers hit you, and you fall down once again.

"GSH!" You hit the ground.

"Y/n!" Riku shouts.

However, just as before, you start getting back up.

Now Xemnas goes from parent to angry. "if you won't be destroyed, then you shall vaish! Forever to the void! An isolated prison! Forever keeping your hope!"

He goes to fire more lasers at you, but as you stumble toward him, he fires a single laser. But you swing your left arm and simply smack it away with your gauntlet.

"What?" He asks. You grunt as you fall forward but catch yourself. Then you stand up again.

"Perish!" He shouts. He fires more lasers at you, but then Aqua's wayfinder flashes blue as a shield briefly forms and deflects the lasers.

"How can-This is impossible!"

Sora and Riku watch from the back as you limp ever closer to Xemnas. Who is now shocked.

"I told you Xemnas...it is hope, hope that even if it's just one person, someone is fighting. Someone is keeping the world safe...someone is resisting the darkness"