13 - One Sided

I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences... I'm human, not perfect, like anybody else. ~Queen Latifah

Michael's POV

*One week later*

"Where's Luke?" Ashton asked as he walked in the room. I shrugged. "Are you seriously saying that, or are you just being a little snot?"

"No I seriously don't know." I turned to Ashton. "Why?"

"Have you guys not noticed he hasn't been here all day?" Ashton asked and I shook my head. "Of course."

I saw Ashton walk away and saw Calum with a saddened look on his face.

"Oh don't tell me you're getting soft on me?" I asked. Over the past week, Luke had indeed received a great torture. No one besides Ashton talked to him, everyone everywhere was giving him complete and utter hell, it was great.

"No, I'm just worried about Ash. He didn't look too good.." Calum said and we were quiet for a minute, quiet enough to hear soft sobs coming from the other room. "Lets go check on Ashton, he's not to blame."

I nodded, stood up and walked into Ashton's room. He was indeed sitting on the floor crying.

"Hey Ash?" I spoke as I walked over and crouched next to him. Without a word though Ashton glared at me before turning and punching me in the face. I fell backwards and looked at him wide eyed.

"I hate you Michael! I hate you too Calum! You two are the worst human beings I have ever met in my entire life!" Ashton screamed as he stood up. "Do you wanna hear something funny?!"

"Yeah sure." I rolled my eyes.

"Luke did cheat on you but it wasn't his damned fault. He was drugged, alright?" Ashton snapped. "He told me all about it. Do you know what that means Michael?"

"What?" I rolled my eyes again.

"That means that it was against his will, so he didn't cheat on you because he didn't mean for any of that to happen and he could not have helped it." Ashton snarled. "And now, whenever he goes out people walk up to him and ask him obscene questions or be a total jerk to him! Do you know how many people I have had to tell that Luke isn't a cheater and it's all just rumor! Because that's what it is!"

"Why didn't he tell us that then!?" I screamed.

"He didn't want to upset you anymore and he didn't think you would even believe him." Ashton shook his head slowly. "Funny, when your own boyfriend believes that you won't believe what he says. Luke isn't a liar, Michael. He wouldn't do that and you should know that!"

"Why are you so mad at me then!?"

"Are you serious?" Ashton went wide eyed. "Luke is no where's to be found. Michael you ruined his life! He can't go out in public! I swear Michael..I swear on my life that if by tonight, you don't tweet and say that the cheating thing was just bull crap rumor, then I will leave this band and I will take Luke with me!"

"No you wouldn't." I laughed as I turned to Calum who did not even have a smile on his face.

"Oh really? You know, it's funny. It's like I'm the only one in this damned world that gives any care about Luke!" Ashton screamed. "Michael you have gone too far and this is the last straw! I want that tweet by tonight.."

"You can bite me." I smiled.

"You really don't give one damn about Luke.." Calum said beside me and I turned to him with a wide-eyed expression. "Michael, Ashton is right. And if what he said about Luke is true too.. We've gone too far. Luke is our friend, he's still your boyfriend and yeah technically, he didn't cheat on you."

"Are you seriously on this idiot's side?" I scoffed.

"Open your eyes Michael!" Calum snapped. "Look at what you're doing! How do you have no shame, no guilt in the pain you're putting that boy through!"

"What about me!?"

"Well if you can't give one damn about anyone besides yourself, then I don't give a damn about you." Calum sighed and began to walk out of the room.

"Cal..Where are you going?" I said, nerves shaking my voice.

"I'm going to find Luke, tell him I'm sorry." Calum sighed. "And..If you don't do what Ashton has asked you by tonight..Well, then I'm leaving too."

"You wouldn't.." I mumbled. "Y-You can't leave me all alone!" With that, Calum let the room. "Calum.."

"Doesn't feel so good to be on the other side, now does it?" Ashton asked from behind me. "Doesn't feel so good to have everyone stab you in the back and leave, now does it? Maybe now you'll know how Luke feels.." Ashton began to walk out of the room, calling to Calum.

I let out a sigh and ran my hand through my hair. The two probably had a point, if anything I did not want to hurt Luke. I was just upset. As little as I can admit I did wrong, I know I did now. I had no choice but to do what Ashton had asked, and put this whole assignment up in flames.

I did care about Luke, even if I was the worst at showing it. I hate that it took two other people to show me that I was wrong. I did not deserve Luke, I really did not. But I am selfish, I know that he is the only person I want to be with. I needed to find a way to make it up to him. Even if it took years away from me. Even if it meant that he left me in order for me to see the error in my ways. 

I would do anything to make sure Luke did not hate me. 

So I logged onto my computer. Signing onto twitter I had left a tweet. Reading 'You guys should know that all the crap about Luke cheating isn't true.' 

I looked at the tweet button and thought about it several times before putting it up. I had no idea if Ivan would just go and take it down, or even flip out on me. All he cared about was posterity. He was a horrible person. Just not quite as bad as me. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATIONS

Totally did not see that there were chapters already written for this, D: But this seems to be more popular then anything else so I had to make sure that it made it's way back to the recent updates. Anyways... So I will make sure there is a double update.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX