Epilogue IV

Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not dependent on some other body, some external form. ~Eckhart Tolle

Luke's POV

I laid in bed, I was sleeping until I felt someone moving me over slightly. I opened my eyes to the darkness of the room and then could see Michael was moving me over.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled. I rolled over in my sleepy state and watched Michael slid into the bed. I was mentally exhausted to deny him the access, and honestly I was slightly pleased to see him. Even if I did not feel it quite yet. 

He did not say anything, instead he wrapped his arms around me an let out a sniffle. Almost as if.. "Are you crying?"

"N-No." Michael muttered, it was obvious he was lying. I am not that big of an idiot.

"Yeah you are," I replied. "What's wrong?"

"I missed you, just shut up." Michael huffed as he buried his face into my chest.

"It's only been a couple of hours since you left," I replied, I pushed him back slightly as I tried to see his face. "We've spent more time apart in the past."

"But I was worried." Michael sighed and pulled me back closer to him. "It's one thing to be away from you for business or for family matters. It's another to be away from you because we're angry with one another."

"That's sweet, Michael." I said, running my hand through his hair. "You don't have to be so upset though."

"You mean you weren't?" Michael asked.

"I was half-drunk and just went to sleep," I admitted. "I don't really have much control over how I was feeling, or much recreation of it."

Michael and I laid there for a second in silence. I felt like he might have been even more upset with the fact that I was not really affected by him leaving - at least I would have if he was gone longer - but I can't always be right. In fact I rarely am. Just as I started to worry he would be more upset,  he flipped me over him so that I was laying on top of him. I let out a small laugh as he smiled, a smile I could barely see in the dark room.

"I love you," Michael smiled, cupping my face with his hands.

"I love you too," I laughed. I leaned down and pecked Michael's lips. "I'm sorry for being..I don't know, stupid?"

"Yeah it's fine." Michael said, nodding his head. My idiocy was a common occurrence, neither one of us would deny what I did was just an act of that. "Just don't do it again."

"Alright." I said quietly. I laid my head on Michael's chest, he smelt odd.. Not necessarily bad but not like his usual scent, I thought past it though. Eventually I lifted my head up to see Michael looking at me, I knew Michael well enough to be able to feel when his eyes are on me. We each knew each other that well. 

"You're so cute." Michael laughed. I laughed in response. I was slightly - but pleasantly - surprised to find out that Michael was in such an upbeat mood. Although it did not feel quite right..

Michael leaned up slightly to kiss me. Eventually he rolled over so that I was underneath him as he continued to kiss me. Putting more force into it, just as he turned to deepen it more something was completely off. 

Then, I got a total whiff of it. 

"Oh gross," I said as I pulled back. Wiping the taste from my mouth. "What the hell is that? You taste like you just smoked a pack."