12 - Mad Men

You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I'll ruin you. ~Cornelius Vanderbilt

Michael's POV

I must have been mad. We all just stood there for a second. No one said a word.

"Michael are you - " Ashton's words were cut off, by a loud laughter. My laughter. I was hysterically laughing about the situation, which made Ashton and Calum exchange nervous glances.

"Oh boy," I laughed as I wiped under my eyes. "That was a good one."

Ashton looked around. "What was good about that!?"

"Luke, out of all people, cheated on me." I smiled as I walked over to the kitchen. "He couldn't stay faithful for one week. He is no where near as innocent as we all thought. Which has me thinking, what else is he 'not so innocent' about?"

"Are you going somewhere with this?" Calum asked.

"Of course I am, nitwit." I rolled my eyes. "Luke has to be hiding something. He just has to."

"Michael, are you sure you're not just saying that because Luke cheated on you?" Calum asked.

"Calum," I sighed as I turned towards him. "Yeah I'll be honest that wasn't the best hing to hear, but honestly Luke seemed more upset about it then I am, and it's his own damn fault."

"What are you going to do when he comes back?" Ashton asked and I smiled widely.

"I'm going to tear him apart." I said.

"Excuse me?" Ashton asked as he looked over to a wide eyed Calum. "What do you mean?"

"I'm going to prove my point. Luke is not to be forgiven. By any of us, got it? He needs to learn." I said, an incredible force behind my voice.

"What about the press?" Calum asked. "Ivan is going to send you guys out together."

"That's brilliant Calum!" I yelled. "I'm going to call Ivan right now."

"Call him about what!?" Ashton asked. "Oh Michael, please don't tell me that you're going to do what I think you are.."

"Depends what you think I'm doing." I smiled and dialed my phone. Ivan almost immediately picked up.

"Hey Michael, how's the 'Muke' situation coming along?" Ivan asked.

"Oh Ivan you'll never believe this..But.." I said. "Luke cheated." I hear Ivan spit something out.

"Are you serious?!" Ivan shouted.

"Yes, I'm serious." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my gosh..The press! That's why you told me, right? So this can go public?" Ivan asked. "Michael, tweet something indirect towards Luke and I'll tell the press. This is amazing. Bye!"

I hung up and immediately went to Twitter where I wrote; 'Really about had it with you :/'

"Are you serious?" Ashton scoffed as he looked at his phone. "Are you serious!?"

"Of course I'm serious, why are you asking?" I asked.

"Why would you do that to Luke? Embarrass him in front of the whole world? What kind of person are you?" Ashton asked.

"I'm teaching him a lesson." I said, folding my arms. "I am making sure he knows what happens so he doesn't do it again."

"Calum!" Ashton turned to him and he shook his head.

"No, I'm actually on Mikey's side. What he's doing is pretty brilliant." Calum shrugged. "I'm sorry Ash."

"Are you..Are you serious? Have you given no consideration to how much this is going to hurt Luke!?" Ashton yelled.

"That is kind of the point." I shrugged. "It's to teach him a lesson, don't you understand."

"No, no I don't understand, thank you." Ashton shook his head slowly. "I believe in forgiveness. Not revenge."

"It's a lesson, not revenge." I rolled my eyes.

"Your 'lesson' is revenge!" Ashton scoffed. "You know, you don't even deserve Luke. And I should tell him everything you're planning. But I'm not, and do you know why?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're still my friend, Michael. And I have some common decency for those I call friends." Ashton said. "So I won't say anything, but don't expect me to betray Luke either. Have fun with your little game. I guess that's all Luke really is to you." Ashton then stormed out of the room, leaving Calum and I in the\ awkward silence that Ashton had left behind.

"So, are we still going to do this?" Calum asked. "Because honestly I'm on your side about it."

"Yeah sure." I said. My phone began to ring in my pocket and I pulled it out, answering Ivan's call.

"So Michael," Ivan said. "My work, is done. It's up. The press is already writing articles and it should be up in a few hours. This is brilliant Michael, I swear, you should have been the manager."

"Thank you." I smiled and hung up the phone. "So Calum, let's talk about how this is going to go and the way we will be treating Luke."

"When do we cave in?" Calum asked.

"When I think that it's been enough." I said. "Otherwise, just refuse to talk to him, refuse forgiveness and constantly remind of him of what he did."

"Okay, I can do that." Calum nodded his head. "Anything else I should know?"

"We should.." I said, tapping my as I glanced around the room. "We should make sure to talk to him and be around him as little as possible. Like if he sits down on the couch, you get up."

"Okay. That sounds like a plan." Calum said. "Just be as horrible as possible, basically?"

"Yes, but remember, nothing is worse than being ignored." I said and Calum nodded before going to walk out of the kitchen. Just as he did, however, the door opened. Revealing Luke. He stood there for a second. Just looking at Calum and eye with wide, red-rimmed and puffy eyes. He had clearly been crying but it didn't make me want to back out of the original plan. No, for some reason I only felt my rage increase when I saw Luke.

"M-Mikey.." Luke said quietly, while I did not say a word.

Instead I just walked out of the room.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

So yeah there will probably not be a double update, I'm sorry. But I just cannot do that today. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter although I thought it was kinda bad. Anyways. Hope you had a lovely day.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX