Epilogue II

I know no way of judging the future but by the past. ~Patrick Henry

Luke's POV

*One Year Later*

I was just shopping one day, when it all started. Michael was hungry so I told him I would run to the store and pick up something for dinner. That was why I was here.

I just did not expect to feel someone tapping on my shoulder. I did not want to see them of all people.

"Can I - " I paused as I looked the figure up and down. "Help you.."

"Remember me?" He smiled wide. At first, no, but upon a second glance I knew exactly who this was.

"Ivan..?" I mumbled.

"Yes me. Ivan." He smiled. He took a step closer to me and my first impulse would be to take a step back, but I did not do it on account that I felt frozen in my spot.

Ivan looked absolutely awful. His hair was grown out and greasy in an almost disgusting manner. He smelled wretched and his clothes were not too clean either. Not to mention his breath smelt like cigarettes.

"C-Can I, help you?" I repeated the question I had asked previously.

"I still hate you, you truly did ruin my life." Ivan sighed, a sick smile still plastered to his face.

Earlier on in life I would have said it was his own fault - because it was - but this time was different. "I'm sorry.."

"Good, you better be." Ivan snarled. "I'm still very angry with you."

"I bet." I nodded slowly.

"And I'm going to make you pay for it. I feel like it's my soul purpose now." Ivan hissed. I blinked a few times. Opened my mouth to speak before turning and running outside to my car. Completely out of breath when I got there, I practically sped home.

"M-Michael!?" I screamed as I went inside. I was shaking, scared out of my mind. That Ivan was only more menacing looking then the last. And I knew, just by looking at him, he was still insane. "Michael!?" I called once more after receiving no answer. I wanted him to be here, I needed him more than anything.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Michael. "Please pick up..Please answer.."

After three rings, he answered. "Hey Luke, what's up?"

"W-Where are you?" I asked, panic evident in my voice.

"Hey calm down, I'm just at Ashton's." Michael chuckled. "Are you really that scared because I'm not there?"

"N-No Michael - "

"You're such a liar, you're freaking out." Michael teased. "It's alright, I'm just with Ash."

"T-That's not it!" I yelled.

There was a pause. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I just ran into Ivan at the store.." I mumbled. Michael did not say a word. "M-Mikey?"

"What did he say?" Michael asked. "What happened, Luke? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine but please come home.." i whimpered. "Please Michael, please.."

"Of course, I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Michael said. "Are you going to be okay for fifteen minutes?"

"Yes." I nodded my head, even though he couldn't see it.

"I'm going to hang up but I'll be there soon, alright?" Michael said.

"O-Okay." I said, nodding again.

"Okay bye, I love you." Michael said.

"I love you too.." I muttered and hung up the phone. Clutching my body and jumping at every sound.

I wandered around the house, trying everything to keep from crying. I had to remind myself that nothing bad would happen. And that Ivan would not get me. In fact, I tried to convince myself that the situation had never happened. But that was not true.

When I heard a car squeal into the driveway I did not look to see who it was. Instead I went and sat in the kitchen behind the island. Covering my mouth while starting to cry.

"I-It's probably Michael, Luke..Calm down." I whispered to myself but I could not help it.

When the front door was thrown open with a bang I almost wanted to scream. But I did not and instead I raced out to the door when I heard them yell my name.

The second I saw Michael I immediately threw myself into his embrace. Crying onto his chest.

"It's alright, I'm here, you're okay." Michael said gently. He pulled away from me to look at my face. "What happened?"

I explained what had happened to Michael. How what started off as an innocent trip to the store soon became my worst nightmare.

"Well I'm sure it'll be alright." Michael smiled. "We can order a pizza and watch a movie, that's always fun." I nodded my head slowly. "Okay go put on a movie."

Michael shooed me into the living room and I sat on the floor looking all of the movies we might want to watch. We went out to the movie theater a lot and all of the movies were indeed movies we have seen and did enjoy. There was not one movie that would be a bad choice. But I did not think about which I would like to watch.

"Luke, you still haven't picked one?" Michael asked as he walked back into the room. I shook my head. "What about.." Michael picked up a case. "Guardians of the Galaxy?"

I nodded in response and Michael put it in the machine before pulling me up onto the couch.

Michael and I were just through the first quarter of the movie when the doorbell rang, and Michael stood up to get it.

"Luke, pizza!" Michael called from the kitchen. I stood up, paused the movie, and walked into the kitchen. Michael handed me a slice of pizza and I began to eat it.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Michael said. He ducked out of the kitchen and left me alone once more.

I heard Michael's phone go off and naturally, I walked over and picked it up. Reading Ashton's name across the screen. It was just a text message so I sat his phone down.

"Boo!" Michael yelled behind me. I let out a shrill scream as I turned around. Completely wide eyed but then glaring. Michael almost looked sorry for doing so.

"Sorry.." Michael mumbled. "I didn't think I would actually scare you."

"You did." I huffed.

"Oh don't be mad." Michael chuckled. He took a step closer and wrapped his arms around me. "You can't be mad at me."

"I can be whatever I want." I replied as I looked slightly downward towards Michael. "But mad is not what I am. You just scared me."

"Good." Michael smiled. "Now come on."

Although the rest of the evening and the night passed without a problem, the next couple of weeks would not.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

Ariana let me chose the movie I am so pleased with that. And I'm suppose to mention that the NEXT epilogue is a continuation of THIS epilogue. Also I wrote this up on my phone so it's probably got autocorrects hell in there. So just, let it be. Please. 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX