Seven - Fed Up

The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said. ~Peter Dracker

Luke's POV

I walked in Ivan's office and slammed the door shut.

"Relax Michael," He said without looking at me. "What's the matter with you this time?"

"I'm not Michael." I snapped at him and he raised his head, a semi pleased look on his face.

"Oh am I getting another complainer?" Ivan smiled.

"I'm pissed Ivan." I said and sat down across from his desk.

"Hold up." He said, taking a bottle and a shot glass out from under his desk and pushed it across the table. "Take some, and tell me what happened."

I popped the top off the bottle, just because I wasn't getting wasted doesn't mean I wasn't getting tipsy.

"Michael is an inconsiderate jerk." I said as I took my first shot, the alcohol streaming down my throat in hot lines.

"So I've heard." Ivan chuckled. "Why is he a jerk?"

"Because, he kissed me and then said he wanted nothing to do with me! He's be in bipolar about the whole situation!" I groaned, filling up my glass again. "Then he comes and thinks he can apologize?!"

"Luke, maybe Michael is just confused." Ivan sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking another shot.

"Well..Michael may just be..Confused about how he feels about you." Ivan shrugged.

"I don't care it doesn't excuse him." I rolled my eyes. "You're no help."

"I didn't sign up to be a therapist." Ivan said.

"Yeah but you signed us up for this dumb experiment of yours." I snarled.

"And it's working positively, in one sense." Ivan shrugged. "Otherwise, for you, it doesn't seem to be working too well."

"I know," I stood up, grabbing the bottle of the desk. "Ivan you practically ruined my life." And I walked out, slamming the door and taking a chug of the burning liquid.

I walked out of the building and found myself on the street, walking around for hours, I finished the bottle and just tossed it to the side. I had become slightly more sober in the time that I had been walking around so I managed to have enough sense to make it back to the hotel room.

Opening the door and stepping inside I saw two slightly blurry figures on the couch.

"Mi -" Calum jumped up off the couch and saw me. "Oh, it's just you."

"Calum be nice." Ashton sighed as he stood up and walked towards me. "Are you okay? No bumps or bruises?"

I shook my head. "No. Least, I don't think so."

"No, he's just drunk. You can smell it from here." Calum scoffed.

"Where's Michael?" I said in an irritated voice.

"He left soon after you did." Ashton said. "We don't know where he went."

"Great, he's running away." I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch. "Oh no better call the police."

"Luke, you're being really..Mean." Ashton commented. "You don't care at all that Michael is gone."

"He doesn't care about me, and so I don't care about him." I said, flipping through channels.

"Okay Luke you know neither of those statements are true." Ashton said.

"No they are, I hate Michael." I said. "He made it pretty clear that he doesn't like me."

"You're just mad because Michael doesn't want to be anything more than friends." Calum said and I shot him a glare. "Luke you know I'm right. Press may think you're dating, but you want it to be real. The worse feeling is you knowing it's not."

"Whatever." I muttered, folding my arms and standing up. "I'm going to my room."

"To pout." Ashton said and I walked fast. Slamming the door.

I stumbled slightly to my bed and laid down. If my thoughts were sober, then maybe I could think through what happened. But since my head was beginning to pound, I fell asleep.

When I woke up my head was worse, so I stood up out of bed and walked I the kitchen, questioning if I should take Advil or more alcohol because honestly it was too settling.

But I went wide eyed when I saw a dark figure curled up in the corner, soft sobs coming from the dark ball.

I clicked on the light and saw Michael there, so I continued to the Advil and grabbed a bottle of beer from the fridge. Michael not interacting with me and vise versa.

Just as I popped the top off the bottle it was taken out I my grasp. I saw Ashton standing next to me with a disapproving look and walking out.

So my attention was turned to the boy in the corner who was fiddling with his sleeves.

"Michael?" I said quietly, cautiously.

"H-Hi." He said just as quiet.

I walked over, crouching in front of him. "There's something we need to talk about."

"Okay." Michael stood up, dragging me into his room.

I took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

"Why?" Michael asked. "What sudden realizing did you have?"

"Well.. Ashton and Calum keep arguing with each other and I was with Ivan and he said -"

"Don't listen to Ivan." Michael snapped. "You don't go and see him, do you hear me?"

"Michael he's our -"

"No Luke." Michael said with force. "Why did you go see him?"

"Cause I needed someone's help to understand you." I said quietly. "Michael you don't get it."

"What don't I get?" Michael asked.

"Because when you say you don't want to be even friends with me anymore and then you act like you can just say you're sorry then have everything be okay." I said. "I shouldn't have yelled at you, I know that, but Michael look at what you're doing to me!"

Michael stood there for a second, not saying a word.

"Michael," I said. "I-I want this relationship to-to be more..More than fake."

Michael chewed on his lip. Not saying a word. His mouth opened. "Luke, you like me?"

I nodded and ducked my head. Nerved for the answer to come next.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

CLIFFHANGER. HA SUE ME.

Okay so quick thing: I may be updating less frequently up until about the end of the month. But I will try to get something up every now and again. Sorry for that but I'm a little busy in life. And this goes for all my stories.

Okay that's all.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX