32 - Breathe

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. ~Seneca

Michael's POV

Manny came and got us, we had explained to him that Luke was out on a walk. He said he already got Luke, and explained that he was with Ivan.

This is where we panicked.

We literally had Manny speeding to get to the office, when we got there we ran as fast as we could and I could hear people screaming. When the door opened I could see Luke over Ivan choking him, and Ivan holding something to Luke's stomach.

I wanted to scream but Ashton beat me too it, instead I stepped forward and pulled Luke off of Ivan.

"Luke what the hell are you doing!?" I asked as I looked at him. Calum was trying to help Ivan as he was smiling, but soon began to cough and wheeze. I looked back to Luke and could see his fingertips covered in red. Looking down I could see Luke's gray shirt turning red.

"Oh my gosh.." I said, swallowing hard. "Someone call an ambulance. I lifted Luke's head so he was looking at me. "Are you okay?" Luke nodded faintly.

"Ivan what did you do to him!" Ashton yelled as he was looking at Luke.

"What he deserved." Ivan replied, his voice was hoarse.

"Guys..Ivan's head is bleeding." Calum said. That was also true, Calum's shorts were beginning to turn red, but honestly Ivan deserved it.

"There's..Glass?" Ashton asked. "This is going to hurt and be disgusting.." Before anyone could ask what, Ashton yanked out the piece of glass and Luke rambled off some swear words before Ashton took off his sweatshirt and placed it on Luke's stomach.

"What happened?" I asked, I held tightly onto Luke, to keep his head up at me so he would not dare to look down.

"Luke," Ivan choked. "Look down." Luke did not though, he shook his head and started crying. "Not scared of death? Ha."

"Luke you're going to be fine." I mumbled as I kissed the top of his head.

"No you're not Luke, you're going to die." Ivan said.

"Ivan shut it!" Ashton hissed.

"He deserves to know." Ivan smirked.

"Leave him alone!" I snapped. I pulled Luke closer to me as he held onto my arm tightly. His was leaning on me between my legs and I rocked back and forth slightly. I continued to kiss the top of Luke's head over and over again. Ashton was trying to figure out what to do with the sweatshirt on Luke. But honestly, Luke payed no attention to it, instead he looked like he was just trying to stay awake.

"I hope you die." Ivan coughed from his position.

"Ivan!" I hissed.

"M-Mikey." Luke mumbled, he lifted his head up to me and I carefully wiped away the tears on his cheek. "I'm sorry.."

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" I asked.

"This-This is my fault..I attacked Ivan.." Luke said and I went wide eyed. I was shocked with the fact that Luke would ever start a fight, but also with the fact that he would be willing to take the blame for this incident despite how much he disliked Ivan.

"It's okay." I said. "I love you anyways."

"I love you too.." Luke mumbled.

"Aw how cute." Ivan coughed. "The last farewell."

"Ivan!" Calum hissed. "I am tempted to punch you."

"Do it, please." Ashton sighed. At this point Ashton leaned over and wrapped his arm around Luke's shoulders and started crying himself. I was doing everything in my power not to cry.

"What's wrong?" Luke muttered.

"I hate what he did.." Ashton snarled. He kissed Luke's cheek the second paramedics walked into the room, helping Luke up onto a gurney and escorting him out of the room, a second pair picked up Ivan and carried him out. Then a police officer walked in the room as we all stood up.

"What happened?" He immediately asked with a sigh.

"I wish I could tell you.." I mumbled and ran a hand down my face.

"Can I go clean up.." Ashton mumbled, it was true that his hands and wrists were a mess, the officer nodded and Ashton exited the room. He turned to Calum and I. Expecting answers.

"They got into a fight." Calum said. "Ivan was our manager and we quit yesterday, so we were coming here to fill out papers. Luke was already here earlier because Manny dropped him off or something. So they were talking and started fighting and then we got here."

The officer looked between both of us.

"Can I please just go to the hospital?" I mumbled. "Luke is our friend and we're worried.."

The officer nodded but said one last thing. "I've seen people who have been shot in the head and survived, I'm sure that your friend will be alright."

"Thank you." Calum said and pulled us out of the room. Manny was standing with Ashton as he began to lead us to his car, he ran a hand down his face.

"Boys, I would have never brought Luke here if I knew that was going to happen." Manny said.

"We know Manny, just lets go." Ashton said. "Michael are you alright? You just seem a little calm." I nodded my head, I myself was shocked that I was not screaming my head off. I think that it was shock though, like I had no idea what I just saw.

Upon arriving at the hospital I walked up to a woman. "Excuse me? Our friend was just rushed by ambulance.."

"Name?" She asked.

"Luke Hemmings." Calum said.

The woman looked through a list of names on a tablet and bit down on her lip. "He was..Um.. DOA."

"What? What does that mean?" I turned to Ashton.

"Dead on arrival.." Ashton mumbled.

Calum put a hand on my back as I stood wide eyed and jaw dropped.

"That can't be true.." I mumbled. "N-No that's not true it can't be!"

"What did you say his first name was?" The woman asked as she looked down at the tablet.

"Luke!" I said, covering my mouth as my eyes began to fill with tears.

"Oh!" The woman squeaked. "No, no he's not dead. He's fine, he's stable and everything, I'll just go get you some papers and you can go see him. Well it may be some time before you can see him. I'm not sure when though. "

"Oh. My. Gosh." Ashton sighed as Calum laid his head on my shoulder and I felt as if I was going to fall to my knees. Manny thankfully caught this and set me down in a chair.

"That woman is so dumb.." I said, placing my face in shaking hands.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

I am laughing so hard you guys have no idea xD I read that and was like WHAT and then I kept reading and started laughing because that would totally be something Ariana did to mess with everyone's head. :') That was funny.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX