Nine - It's Not Okay

The essance of lying is in deception, not in words. ~John Ruskin 

Luke's POV

A few days have passed, eventually leading us to a Friday night, and I stood in the dark kitchen. Not caring to turn the lights on.

"Hey Luke - whoa it's dark." Michael's voice rang out as the lights clicked on. I squinted my eyes slightly at the sudden lightening of the room. "Anyways, you coming with us?"

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"We're going to a party, I thought you would want to come." Michael shrugged.

I absolutely hated parties. Too many sweaty bodies becoming drunk and commingling with others. Mistakes are always made when someone isn't sober.

"It'll be fun." Michael said softly, as he intwined his fingers with my own, giving me a gentle kiss.

"Okay." I breathed.

"You won't regret that decision." Michael said as he pulled me through the hotel room, but I was already regretting it.

The boys were already at the door so Michael tossed me a pair of shoes, I barely had them on before he pushed me out the door.

"Michael I look like crap." I sighed when realizing my hair was still laid on my forehead.

"You look great." Michael smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Ew, romance is nasty." Calum gagged.

"Yes it is." Michael said. "Unless it's with Luke."

"Aw, c'mon mate." Ashton groaned while Calum made more gagging noises. While they did that I pulled my hand from Michael's. Folding my arms I glanced to the side.

"Guys now look at what you did." Michael sighed as the two boys turned to look at us.

"Sorry.." Ashton sighed. "We were just joking." Michael held his hand out to me and I slapped it away.

"Luke what's the matter?" Calum asked as he fell back slightly, so he could walk next to me.

"Nothing." I said.

"Nothing at all?" Calum asked.

"I want to be left alone, I don't want to be going to this party and I certainly do not want to listen to the citizens of Idiot-Town complain." I snapped. Walking faster, I passed all of them until I climbed in the back of the van. I sat towards the window, my arms and legs folded.

The other three soon climbed in the van and Michael said down next to me. He was a good distance away, but I could still feel the warmth radiating off him.

"Hey baby," Michael leaned closer to me as the car started driving. "Are you okay? Do you have something you want to talk about?"

"Parties always end in disaster." I mumbled.

"Are you worried that I'm going to do something stupid with another girl?" Michael asked.

I glanced down at my hands to see my thumbs fiddling. "Kinda."

"Why didn't you just say so?" Michael asked. "That, won't happen. Okay? You're a lot better then those girls."

I gave a small smile as a blush coated my face before curling up into Michael.

I didn't think of anything until I saw a bright flash go off and saw Calum's smirking face. I didn't even have to ask what he was doing when my phone vibrated.

He tweeted the damn picture.

"Aw! Cal that's so cute." Ashton smiled to the brunette who stood proud of his work.

I rolled my eyes and just readjusted myself on Michael.

"You know," Michael whispered as the van took off. "It feels a lot better to actually be dating you, then have it just be a lie." As he spoke he reached down and kissed my temple. 

"I just feel bad about lying to people in general." I shrugged.

"That's good for me then." Michael smiled as he squeezed my shoulder.

In what felt like an instant we landed at a party and I already felt the air grow thick with my nerves. I just couldn't handle it. However, I managed to slide out of the van and towards the ever growing loud noises.

"Are you going to be okay?" Ashton asked. "You look..Green."

"Ew, are you serious?" I groaned and Ashton nodded. "I don't know, I really don't want to be here."

"Luke, Michael is an idiot." Ashton said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I won't lie to you about that. However, Michael is a good guy. You don't have to worry about getting stabbed in the back."

"Thanks." I smiled shyly as Ashton made a clicking noise with his tongue before walking off with Calum.

We were only in there for a few seconds. Maybe three minutes, before I felt Michael tugging on me.

"What?" I asked, completely bewildered as of what to do.

"I want to dance." Michael smiled.

"Oh gross, no." I said, wrinkling my nose and shaking my head. Watching Michael's face drop into a frown. "Sorry. I don't dance. I'm too clumsy. Ashton and Calum will dance with you though. Go see them."

"Fine." Michael huffed and walked off.

Then I realized that I was completely alone.

I turned and walked towards the bar and sat down in a chair, taking a deep breath I pulled myself up to the counter and ordered a shot.

"What are you doing?" A girl next to me laughed and I turned to her.

"M-Me?" I asked, pointing at me.

"Yeah, Hemmings." She smirked. "What are you doing?"

"Sitting here.." I mumbled and gave a one shouldered shrug. "Drinking."

"Me too." She said as she looked at the glass in her hand. "All my friends are over there, dancing. Hitting on dudes."

"Oh. I see. Yeah all my friends are over there too." I shrugged.

"I don't dance." We said at the same time before giving a light and awkward laugh.

"Me neither." She said. "Oh. By the way, my name is Macy."

"Luke - Oh you already know that, I'm stupid." I said as I slapped my forehead.

"It's fine," Macy laughed. "So tell me," She said as she brushed her dark blonde hair back. "Are you and Michael actually dating? It just seems.. A little off. Like everytime you guys are together you just seem uncomfortable."

"Um..I guess we are?" I asked. "But to be honest I'm not a hundred percent sure." I was passed a shot glass and immediatly threw the hot liquid down my throat, ordering another.

And I knew I wouldn't have to worry about Michael.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Hey! Chapter :D On time! Okay I don't know if I posted a chapter yesterday but I'm trying to get back into the swing of updates. I did indeed finish Runner though. So that's good. ALSO! If you're a fan of Muke I have a few more of those I just started. One was literally like two days ago. So yeah you can check those out.

I love self advertisement.

And this is kinda a cliffhanger because the next chapter will indeed pick up from this spot and will most likely be up later tonight because screw homework.

Anyways I hope you all had a lovely day and if you're off holiday break I hope school went well.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX