23 - Affliction of an Addict

You're in pretty good shape for the shape you're in. ~Dr. Seuss

Luke's POV

"Hey Luke, wake up." I felt myself being shaken by Ashton. I was already awake, so I was unfazed by being shaken. I was just laying here.

"I'm awake." I said as I pushed Ashton's hand back.

"Are you alright?" Ashton asked. "Do you want me to get Michael?"

"No. I'm fine." I said, I took a deep breath and placed a hand on my throbbing head.

"Alright." Ashton said as he walked out of the room. I stood up and dressed myself with shaking hands. I felt sick, nauseous.

I walked towards the kitchen thinking that I might be hungry, but the pain in my head was almost unbearable.

"Hey Luke." Calum greeted me as I walked inside the kitchen. I leaned over on the counter, putting my hands on my head.

"Baby are you alright?" Michael asked as he took a step closer to me - placing a hand on my back and gently rubbing.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Do you want something?" Michael asked.

"I can get it." I muttered. I stood up off the counter - which only increased the pain in my head - and walked over to the fridge. I grabbed an apple and began to eat it while Michael just continued to look at me win worry, I was assuming Calum was the same.

"Do you want a drink, Luke?" Calum asked.

"Water's fine." I said.

"No..Like alcohol." Calum said. "Maybe it would make you feel better."

"No I'm fine." I shook my head. "Here I can get -"

"No I've got it." Michael interjected as he grabbed a glass and filled it up with water. I smiled and thanked him as he gave it to me.

Calum left the room but Michael stayed right next to me, leaning against the counter. He looked nervous.

"What's the matter, Michael?" I asked as I set an empty cup and apple core down.

"I'm worried, you don't look to well." Michael shrugged sheepishly.

"I'm fine though." I replied.

"Well..Alright." Michael sighed. "Why don't you go and lay down?"

"Come with me?" I smiled and Michael nodded and we walked back to my room. Laying down with my head on Michael's chest, listening to the even beat of his heart.

I could feel Michael's hand on my head, gently running through my hair.

"I love you." I said, turning my head up to Michael.

"I love you too." Michael replied. "Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"If something is wrong with you, you need to tell me." Michael said. "I am your boyfriend after all. If there's something wrong you should able to tell me."

Before I could say a word Ashton walked in the room. "Hey lovebirds, we have to get moving. We have a show later tonight and we have to go set up and practice."

"Alright." Michael sighed. He pushed me off of him and climbed out of the bed. "Come on, Luke."

I stood up out of bed and followed Michael outside and into a car. While in the car I laid my head down on Michael's shoulder.

"That's cute." Calum said as he took a photo of us. That did not surprise me in the least though. Calum took photos all of the time.

"Are you okay?" Michael whispered.