15 - Come Back To Me

Forgiveness is the final form of love. ~Reinhold Niebuhr

Luke's POV

I laid in the bathtub's warm and bubbly water as Michael ran a sponge across my chest. I will admit, it was nice, despite the circumstance. Michael still looked on edge though, and that was worrying me.

More often then not I would turn my head and look at Michael, still seeing the saddened look across his face. He would then tell me to stop looking at him. So at the moment I was staring up at the ceiling. At this point the sponge had dropped from Michael's hands as he leaned against the outside of the tub.

Neither of us said a word for the longest time, until Michael handed me a toothbrush with toothpaste. But then all he said was, "Almost forgot."

I silently thanked him as I brushed me teeth, while still sitting in the bathtub, it was indeed an odd endeavor. It worked all the same though. I kept my eyes up at the ceiling, after a while they fell closed in my own fatigue.

"L-Luke?" Michael said, there was a slight panic in his voice. I opened my eyes and allowed my head to roll towards Michael. "I-I was just ma-making sure.."

"I wasn't dead, I know." I said coldly. Michael ducked his head down and I let out a sigh as I grabbed a towel and climbed out of the tub. Still slightly dizzy I put a hand on the wall to hold my balance. Michael kept his head down the whole time, so he did not see me.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room to change, after hearing the tub draining Michael entered my room, shutting the door behind him as I sat on the bed. Running a hand up and down my arm.

"I didn't think I was actually hurting you.." Michael said quietly.

"What did you think you were doing?" I replied.

"Well..Just not that badly." Michael said as he walked over and sat next to me. "Why didn't you say something?"

"I shouldn't have to.."

"Okay, that's true." Michael said.

"You know, Michael." I sighed. "It's true when people say that they only care when you're dead, because before that, you did not give one damn about me. You didn't until you realized I could disappear within seconds. You don't love me."

"I do too." Michael replied.

"No you don't, if you did you would act like it." I sighed and turned my head away so I did not have to see the look of distress on Michael's face.

"You want me to prove it then?" Michael asked gently as he cupped my face to turn it back to his.

"Y-Yeah.."

"Alright then." Michael said. "I'll prove it then." Michael stood up from the bed with a triumphant look on his face. "I will prove it to you, I swear."

"Okay." I sighed.

Michael stood in front of me for a moment, I kept looking at him then off to the sides in my nerves. Michael eventually leaned closer to my face and gently put his lips against mine, I did not move. Michael leaned back.

"Do you not want to kiss me or are you just doing that thing?" Michael asked. I scooted forward and pulled Michael's face back to mine.

Michael used his hands to lift me farther up onto the bed so he could climb over me. He mumbled something against my mouth but I could not tell what it was. And then I felt something on my face..A wetness.

I opened my eyes and pushed Michael up so I could see his face and there were tears in his eyes.

"Y-You're crying.." I said quietly.

Michael did not say a word. Instead he climbed off of me and sat with his head in his hands. I ducked my head down. Sure he was about to explode on me. After a moment, when it did not come I looked to Michael who was just sitting, staring at the ground.

"Mikey.." I said quietly. "Y-You have to talk to-to me.."

"I just don't want to mess up again.." Michael said quietly and then turned to me. "Luke you deserve the very best in the world and I can't give you that. I want to tell you to go find it but I still want you. I want to be with you." Michael turned away. "So I'm being selfish but you're better off to leave me."

I scooted slightly closer to Michael, putting my hands on his shoulders and leaning over one side to place my mouth against his neck. Leaving a small trail of kisses before choosing one area to suck gently on.

"L-Luke.." Michael moaned. "Don't do that.."

"You like it." I replied. "Mikey, be selfish, I don't care. You want me, d-don't you?"

"Well, yeah I do." Michael said as goosebumps rose over his skin while I leaned a little more in order to kiss along his jaw line. "Luke..S-Stop it."

"Why?" I said quietly as I turned Michael's head so I could kiss the corner of his mouth.

"You're a tease." Michael groaned. "You only give a little, I want more then that."

"Okay." I said and climbed over onto Michael's lap, pushing him back onto the bed. Beginning to push my lips down onto his.

"Need me." I mumbled.

"I do need you." Michael replied between kisses. Michael held my face in one place so he could see me. "Why are you acting like this?"

"W-What do you mean.." I mumbled.

"You're totally innocent all the time." Michael said. "Why is now different?"

"You can't just start making out with me and quit." I rolled my eyes. Michael smirked as he rolled both of us over so he was on top.

"I can sure as hell show you," Michael began. "That I really do love you."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

gUYS LOOK AT THE COVER I MADE. Lol. Ari said she liked it so that's all that matters. I feel so weird leaving you guys the author's notes but Ari doesn't always have one and I want there to be one but I don't know what to say without being a weirdo..

I also feel like I should write "Lucy" somewheres so it makes sense. But idk.

And it feels weird to call them 'author's notes' cause while I do put input into these, Ari is the one who puts thoughts into words. Not me. Well sometimes I do. I've done a few.

Anyways I'm going on for too long I'm sorry.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX