18 - Don't Forget

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you... ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Michael's POV

I woke up later that night, just having to go to the bathroom. Which I did indeed do. Afterwards I headed to Luke's room - just to check on him - and was shocked to see he was not there.

I took a few more steps inside the room and spoke. "Luke? Where are you?" I walked around to see the other side of the bed and still did not see him. I then turned and walked out, heading down the hallway and peaking into the kitchen.

And there was Luke. His head laying on the table and there was a bottle in his right hand. I shook my head slowly and took the bottle away from him. Turns out Luke was more then awake because he sat up and looked at me with confusion.

"W-Why are you taking it away.." Luke mumbled.

"I'm taking it away because you don't need to be drinking." I sighed as I tipped the bottle to dump out the alcohol. Turned out, there was none left so I simply sat it on the counter and turned to Luke.

"There is clearly a problem here Luke." I sighed. Luke shook his head. "Yes, there is."

"No, I'm fine and you are too." Luke said as he stood up and walked towards the refrigerator. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him backwards.

"Luke, just go to bed. Alright?" I raised my eyebrows at Luke who just frowned at me before taking a step forward and wrapping his arms around.

"Luke." I sighed. "Come on, it's time for bed."

Luke let go of me and began to walk out of the kitchen towards his room. I shook my head slowly as I returned to my own. I did a lot to hurt Luke, I made him this way. It was now my job to fix it, but then there comes a point where I do not even know how to do it.

I woke up the next morning and walked into the kitchen to see Ashton and Calum standing in front of the sink.

"Hey." I said and they both jumped backwards again, creating space between the two of them. I rolled my eyes but said nothing. "We have a bit of a problem."

Ashton cleared his throat before asking what the problem was.

"Luke is an alcoholic." I said and the two looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Then why did I just give him.." Ashton mumbled as he pointed towards the living room. The three of us walked in to see Luke laying across the couch drinking from a bottle.

I let out a sigh and walked over and pulled the bottle away from him.

"Hey!" He yelled but when he saw me he instantly looked feared. "S-Sorry.." 

"Stop drinking." I said, a slight confusion working it's way to my face. Why was Luke scared of me?

Luke nodded slightly before looking off to the side. I let out a sigh as I headed back to the kitchen and threw the bottle in the skin. Placing my hands on my head and leaning on the counter.

"Michael.." Calum said gently. "Are you alright?"

"No I'm not." I said with my voice shaking, I turned to Calum and Ashton. "Look at what I did to him."

"It's not all your fault.." Calum said quietly, as if he did not really believe it himself.

"It is my fault. Look at what I did to that poor boy, and now I don't even know how to fix anything!" I shouted. "I don't know how to help him but I have to help him." I took a deep breath. "I can't lose him but I can't help the feeling like I'm going to." And with that I broke into sobs as Calum wrapped his arms around me.

After a moment I felt a different pair of arms around me as Calum took a step backwards, I didn't even look at who it was, just turned and cried some more.

"It's okay, it's alright." I lifted my head with wide eyes to see Luke standing with a small saddened smile. "It's not your fault." He said.

I did not say a word, only laid my head onto his shoulder and continued to cry. Luke rubbed my back thoughtfully. His head rested on my own shoulder.

"Michael, can we talk?" Luke asked as he pulled me away from him. I nodded my head as he took my hand and pulled me into his room. "Clearly you think that I have an alcohol problem." I nodded. "And I'm going to say that you're probably right. But even if I do, don't blame yourself for any of the choices I make. I have the responsibility for the ill-fated choices I decide to make, you have no control over those. So stop blaming yourself because it will never be your fault."

Luke and I did not say anything after that. He looked at with great sadness. "Don't be sad too, Mikey.." Luke mumbled. Him even calling me 'Mikey' was nice, for the fact that I did not feel like he called me as much since we were forced to date one another. Everything had been turned upside down.

"I won't Luke." I breathed. "I-I won't."

"And, if it makes you feel better.." Luke took a deep breath. "I-I won't drink anymore."

"Alright." I said, but I wanted to look at him and tell him that was not true, that he could not help it at this point. Addiction was addiction, and no matter what you were addicted to there was no 'stopping'. Not without extreme measures of course. I could not do that though, we were just getting calm. I had no reason to stir up the pot again. I would just wait and see if he could actually do anything without hurting himself. I did not want to tell him he needed to drink because he would die without it. But I did not want him getting hurt either.

All the thoughts were circling my head, but Luke always managed to pull my attention back to the present of what he was saying.

"Michael?" Luke said quietly. I raised my eyebrows in question. "J-Just don't forget."

"Don't forget what?" I asked.

"Don't forget that I-I love you." Luke said as he kissed the top of my head and exited the room. Leaving me wide eyed, but a smile across my face.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Lucy is really sick, so she only put up one of the chapters last night and then felt bad about it. She's currently still laying in bed and it was kinda hot today so it's not helping too much. But Nurse Ariana is coming to the rescue and catering to her every whim. Her grandmother is also here so she's actually just telling me what I should be doing xD

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX