Three - Play Along

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. ~Stephen King

Michael's POV

"Michael welcome." Ivan said while I stepped inside his office. I called him earlier and asked to speak to him, he agreed so here I was.

For the past week Luke became quieter and quieter until he didn't speak much at all. I couldn't understand why he was so pained by the whole situation, does he really feel that guilty? Either way I needed to end this nonsense. At least try for him.

"Hey Ivan." I sighed and sat down in a seat.

"I bet I know what this is about," Ivan hummed. "You and Luke, right?"

"Yeah, listen Ivan -"

"Michael I can't just drop your guys' relationships. Your posterity is through the roof and the fans are eating it up. Everyone loves the world's gay couple." Ivan said.

"I get that but -"

"Michael your band is getting bigger and bigger by the second and this is only the beginning!" Ivan spun in his chair, arms in the sky.

"Beginning?" I muttered. "What do you mean beginning?"

"Well c'mon. Where do relationships lead? Marriage, children. That kind of thing." Ivan shrugged.

"We're both guys."

"Two words. Angelina Jolie." Ivan said. "Adoption, duh."

"Look, I'm not gonna marry Luke." I wrinkled my nose. "This needs to stop now."

"Michael I'm afraid I can't do that." Ivan said. "It's too late."

"No it's not, please Ivan, it's tearing Luke apart." I said and Ivan raised his eyebrows. A content look on his face.

"Explain." Ivan gestured for me to continue.

"He barely talks anymore, it's like the guilt is eating him alive." I sighed. "Ivan, he can't handle this."

"The guilt?"

"Yeah, from lying to everyone." I said.

"Then make it the truth?" Ivan shrugged.

"Are you suggesting I actually date Luke? C'mon we're not gay." I sighed.

"I can fix that." Ivan said as he grabbed his phone. "I think everyone has a little bit of gay in them. And you don't have to be gay. You could just be pansexual."

"You're so thick headed, Ivan." I sighed. "I say that in the kindest way possible." I stood up and walked out of Ivan's office, slamming the door behind me.

I hated Ivan for this, couldn't he see the harm he was doing? And couldn't he see that it was hurting Luke? I could've lived with this, but Luke is so damn sensetive, I don't know if he could. 

I was beginning to reach a decision as I walked back up to the hotel. I had to find some way to ruin this "relationship" of ours. I didn't know how, but at this point I was willing to do anything to help Luke, he didn't deserve this anguish. 

I walked up to the hotel door and saw a large man, about my height but more muscular, standing in front of the door. 

"Oh great.." I grumbled. 

"Michael, could you please come with me?" He asked. 

"Why?" I sighed. 

"Ivan requested it."