22 - Try

Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. ~Bob Marley

Luke's POV

"Alright so let's talk." I said. "Michael clearly this isn't going the way you thought it would."

"You still smell like alcohol.." Michael said quietly.

"Yeah I was just drinking." I sighed.

"You shouldn't."

"Michael enough about that, it is not a big deal." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, what happened last night?"

"I was lonely." Michael shrugged. "It was weird having you gone."

"It's been one day and you're already falling apart." I said gently. "I mean that in the nicest way possible."

"You seem okay though.."

I paused, leaning back in my seat I had to think about. Was I okay? Then something hit me. "Not exactly."

"What do you mean? You look alright." Michael said.

"I'm more aggressive." I said.

"It's been one day." Michael said. "But it feels like longer."

"Are we that dependent on each other?" I asked. "That when one day passes we both turn into totally different people?"

"I guess." Michael shrugged. "I just was frustrated I guess, sick of you drinking and sick of Ivan. Sick of you being the way you were knowing I can't help you." Michael scooted closer to me. "But Luke, I still love you."

"I know Michael. I know." I said.

"You don't love me though.."

"I didn't say that."

"Well you didn't say that you love me back." Michael said.

"Michael, when you tell me you love me, don't expect a response back." I said. "You tell me that you love me because you do, not so you can hear me say that I love you."

"Okay, that makes sense." Michael nodded. "Luke, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I mean, y-you didn't really do anything.." I shrugged. "I don't know what to do though. Clearly, something needs to change. Ever since we started dating it has been nothing but up and down bumps with one another. Like we can't handle having a relationship at all."

"I don't know what to do either." Michael sighed. "I wish I did, I want to fix things."

"You guys should go on vacation." Calum said as he walked in the room. "You know, spend some time away from the world and just be in each other's company. It'll help you get an understanding of one another."

"Were you listening?" I asked.

"Yes." Calum said, he held no shame. "I'm serious though, you guys need to get out of the city and just spend like a week together. Like the honeymoon in Twilight. That's such a cute part of the movies."

Michael and I exchanged looks.

"I can't believe you just said that." Michael said.

"Yeah neither can I." I agreed.

"Whatever, you guys should try it. It might also be a good time to cut down on your dr-"

"I don't have a drinking problem!" I snapped. "Alright? I don't!"

"Don't tell me you're withdrawing already. You just drank two beers." Calum rolled his eyes.

"I'm just sick of everyone telling me I have a drinking problem, when I don't." I scoffed.