34 - Changes

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. ~Desmond Tutu

Luke's POV

"Hi." Ivan smiled at the doorway, everyone seemed to be on their guard at that very moment. "How are you, Luke?"

"Alright.." I said quietly.

"Could you boys excuse us?" Ivan asked. Michael looked at me and I nodded. The three departed and Ivan looked pleasantly surprised. "I honestly did not believe they would actually leave."

"Neither did I." I replied. "Ivan what do you want?"

"Just to apologize." Ivan said. "And I took it upon myself to say that this is my fault, so you still look find in media and such."

"Media? I'm out of work, aren't I?" I asked.

"No, you'll just be given a new manager and everything." Ivan said, biting down on his lip.

"Why would you take the blame?" I asked.

"Well.." Ivan took a deep breath. "You're right about a lot of things, Luke. And it usually takes me a while to figure it out. Not only have you done that though. You made me realize that I have never done one nice thing for anyone. I thought maybe I would do this for you."

"No jokes?" I asked.

"No." Ivan shook his head.

"You know," I said, Ivan turned his head to me. "You were a really awful person to me, and made things really hard for me a lot of the times. Ever since we started working for you. But, you did one really good thing for me, and I have yet to realize it."

"What is that?" Ivan asked.

"You made Michael go out with me, and I know that it was just for publicity and he outcasted me for the longest time. But after a while we just came together. I know that we would never have done that if it was not for you. So at least give yourself a little bit of credit." I said. I gave a small smile. "And, doing that was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. So you're not all that bad."

"That's for trying to make me not seem like a totally awful person." Ivan chuckled. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked.

"See the good in everyone else. But never in yourself." Ivan said. "Our time may have been spent in an ill manner. But I can say that we have learned quite a lot about one another."

"I don't know why I do that." I shrugged. "But yes that's true, I just think we haven't realized it too much." I took a deep breath. "I never thought I would be saying this, but thank you Ivan. For everything you've done. Even if you did hurt me a lot. You did a lot of good things for me."

"I was just a little out of hand, I think." Ivan said. "I was really out of hand."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"But now I'm going to go get psytractic help and try to make myself something." Ivan said. "Maybe meet a man and - "

"Whoa, wait what?" I laughed. "You're gay?"

"Why do you think this was my idea in the first place?" Ivan laughed. "I voted too."

"You are gay." I laughed more. "I never would have guessed that."

"Yeah well, you don't get to know everything Luke." Ivan winked.

"Tell me, Ivan." I said. "Did you really have people vote on who their O-T-P was?"

"I had a few bodyguards vote, but not your actual fans." Ivan smirked. "You guys would have known something was up otherwise."

"No we're all pretty clueless." I shook my head.

"Yeah that's pretty much true." Ivan shrugged. "Anyways, I'm going to head out. Thank you Luke."

"And thank you, Ivan." I said. "I never expected to have a resolution and honestly I feel like I'm still waiting for you to attack me."

"Still kind of want to. I still hate you." Ivan smiled.

I smiled and nodded. "Alright, have a nice day."

"Don't tell me what to do." Ivan smirked and walked out of the room. When he exited, the boys entered immediately, asking if I was okay, what Ivan said, questions of that nature. But I just shook my head. I did not want to say a word.

"Luke you have another visitor." The nurse said about ten minutes later.

"Oh ew." I sighed and in walked in a tall woman with short blonde hair and thick black glasses. Calum whistled and Ashton slapped him.

"Hi boys." She smiled. "My name is Elisabetta Gino. And let me just see if I got this correct..Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton."

"Um..Yeah." Michael said.

"No offense but who are you?" Ashton asked.

"She already told us her name." Michael whisper and Ashton and I both glared at him. "What? Just saying."

"I am your new manager." She smiled. "I am plenty informed with what happened and I can assure you that none of that will ever happen to you guys again. I am here to make everything work out with your career. And to start that off, I want to get Luke out of here as soon as possible."

"Well I think we can all agree on that." Calum said.

"Exactly." Elisabetta smiled. "And, then I am going to send you guys on a vacation of sorts so you can just get away from everything for a while. But while you're there I want you to write a few songs so we can begin to work on a new album. Alright?"

"Oh my gosh!" Calum screamed. We all sat back in shock, and sat waiting for him to speak again, but he just sat there.

"What, Calum?" Ashton asked.

"Do you know what this is?" Calum asked. "This is like that vacation I said Luke and Michael should go on."

I facepalmed and Michael sighed.

"Oh and also, if you boys don't want to fake date anymore you don't have to." Elisabetta smiled.

"Oh no, miss, we're actually dating." Michael chuckled.

"Really?" Elisabetta smiled. "That's cute. You guys should get married it would be even cuter."

"I love this woman." I said as I looked at Michael, who glared heavily at me. "What?"

"You can shut your mouth, you aren't getting a ring anytime soon." Michael said.

"You're no fun." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, my husband said the same thing Luke." Elisabetta winked.

"Your husband? So you're married?" Michael asked. Elisabetta nodded and handed us a photo that showed Elisabetta, a man, and two small children.

"Aw that's so cute." Ashton cooed. "Can we meet those two little ones? I love children."

"Of course." Elisabetta nodded. "Anyways, I'm going to go work on getting Luke out of here. We can talk more later."

"Bye!" Calum waved.

"So, Michael?" I turned my head to him. "You wouldn't marry me?"

"Don't do this to me, Luke." Michael sighed. "I did not say that."

"You said he shouldn't be expecting a ring anytime soon." Ashton said.

"Both of you stop it right now." Michael groaned.

"I call being best man." Calum said.

"Guys." Michael whined.

"I want to be the best man!" Ashton replied.

"You can be the maid of honor!" Calum said.

"That's always a girl!"

"This is a gay wedding!"

"Oh." Ashton smiled. "Okay!"

"Never mind Michael, don't marry me. I don't want to deal with this." I said.

Michael chuckled. "Yeah, yeah."