26 - Ivan's Mind

Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world. ~ R. D. Laing

Luke's POV

I walked hand in hand with Michael, in front of us was Ivan and behind us was Ashton and Calum. Everyone was talking among each other, Calum to Ashton. Ivan on his phone. Michael and I did not say a word. Instead, Michael would squeeze my hand and I would squeeze his back. The whole concept of it would throw Michael into a laughter while I compressed mine into a smile.

"What's so funny?" Calum eventually asked. "Neither of you are saying anything but Michael looks like he's going to die of laughter."

"Nothing, Cal." Michael snickered. "You wouldn't get it."

"It's one of those couple things I mentioned." Ashton chimed in and we both turned to face them.

"Couple things?" I asked. "Why are you guys discussing our couple things?"

"We're not." Ashton said. "Just in generally."

"Yeah we aren't interested in your guys' relationship like the rest of the world is." Calum said.

"You clearly are if you want to know what's so funny." Michael said.

"You both make me sick is the problem I'm finding." Calum said.

"Don't be sour." I said.

"Salty?" Calum smirked.

"No. Sour, don't you dare start that salty crap with me." I said as I pointed a finger at Calum. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, go back to being mysterious we liked it better that way." Calum said. I rolled my own eyes this time and turned back around to see Ivan standing in front of a door.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I only want you, Luke," Ivan pointed at me. "To go inside of this room."

"Is this going to be like that thing you did with him and I?" Michael asked.

"Sh. You three just go to your room." Ivan smiled. Michael kissed my cheek before following a cooing Ashton and Calum down the hallway. While I stood and waited with Ivan.

"Hi Luke." Ivan smiled.

"I still don't like you." I said. "There's something you're not telling me, I would like to know what it is please."

"Well we eventually have to tell your guys' fans why you weren't at the concert that one night. But that will come later. For now, I have another idea." Ivan smiled. "I want to see how good your self-control is."

"M-My what?" I asked.

"Your self-control." Ivan repeated. "I need to keep any other incidents from happening again, so I am going to measure how much you can control yourself."

"Easy." I said.

"Not quite." Ivan said. "I am going to screw with your mind, and then see how much self-control you have. Especially since the boys also informed me about your little..Incident with some pills."

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"You're reckless." Ivan shrugged. "You snap easily, you lose control, you're easily swayed and manipulated. And I feel as if you're always changing, it's really hard for me to nail who you actually are."

"This is ridiculous." I said. "I'm not reckless, and I have plenty of control."

"That's why we're going to go sit in that room and for a few days I am going to try that out. So I can see if you can handle the other stuff I am about to put you through." Ivan smiled.

"You're insane.." I sighed, shaking my head slowly. "You're not a psychologist, I am not a test."

"But you're my test." Ivan said. "Whether you want to be or not. You also said that you would do whatever I said, so.. You're going to do this or I'll just fire you."

"This job does not seem worth it." I shook my head.

"What else are you going to do though?" Ivan shrugged. "This is like a little golden gated community. If you mess up you have to redeem yourself."

"How on earth did you think of this?" I asked.

"You boys are like lab rats and it's very fun." Ivan laughed. "So, ready?"

"Tell me again, what we're doing?" I asked.

"We are going to go in there, and sit around, I am going to be in and out but I can always see you. Otherwise you're just going to have to do nothing." Ivan said. "It'll make more sense when you get in there, but otherwise I am just going to..Mess around with you a little bit. To see if you can handle other things later on."

"And if I say no?"

"You're fired." Ivan shrugged. "But Luke, I mean what's the worse that could happen? This is all just to see how well you can handle yourself."

"Alright." I sighed. "This is ridiculous Ivan, you're a really messed up guy."

"Oh I know." Ivan chuckled. "Trust me, I really do know. But I always did like psychology. In the end Luke, it's all just to help you and all your little problems."

"Right." I sighed. "I still think you're insane."

"Maybe a little bit." Ivan shrugged. "Follow me."

Ivan opened the door and walked inside the room, I followed him with little motivation to do so. But once inside the room I went wide eyed.

Along the walls were wines, beers, you name it. It was there. At a table in the middle were two glasses, three bottles of unlabeled pills, and a knife.

"What is this?" I asked as I looked around.

"Your residence for the next three days. Maybe two if you behave." Ivan smiled. "Want a drink?"

"No!" I said. "I want to go back and-and be with Michael!"

Ivan smiled, as if I had just said something to make his day. "You don't like it in here?"

"N-No of course n-not you si-sicko!" I huffed.

"You're already losing it." Ivan chuckled as he walked around and sat on the couch. I noticed a beer in his hand as he took small sips. "There's also food and water over there in case you want something else."

"I-I want Michael.." I mumbled.

"Why?" Ivan asked.

"I d-don't like it in here and you know it. Th-This is dumb!" I replied as I sat on the couch, folding my arms. "Ar-Are you seriously trying this?"

"Yep." Ivan said. "I'll be back in a couple of hours." Ivan stood up and walked towards the door.

"W-Wait you're leaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Ivan replied.

"You-You're just going to leave me i-in here!" I squeaked.

"Don't worry," Ivan smiled. "Manny is outside the door if you begin to get a little too..Harsh. See you in a bit!"

And the door slammed shut behind Ivan.

"He's nuts." I mumbled as I sat down on the couch, laying down I curled up into a ball. "I guess he wants to see if I am too."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATIONS; Lucy

Ivan really is nuts omg xD Ariana gave me a few chapters ahead of this one and I read them, and they're actually quite sad, because Ivan is a demon spawn lets be honest. If he's trying to help I don't understand how this does. MEANIES. Lol I am a child on the inside. Also I am very spastic. My apologies.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX