27 - Entrance

When you are insane, you are busy being insane - all the time. ~Sylvia Plath

Michael's POV

Ashton, Calum and I were all sitting in one room. Neither of us were concerned, but we were curious as to what Ivan and Luke were doing. We would soon receive answers as Ivan entered the room, without Luke.

"Where's Luke?" Was the first thing I asked.

"That's what I'm here to tell you all about," Ivan said. "He's not with me at the moment."

"I can see that." I rolled my eyes. I plopped down on the couch. "I want to know where he is."

Ivan sat down in a chair on the other side of the room. Smiling maliciously. "Well you won't see Luke again for..I'm thinking three days, maybe two."

"What did you do to him.." I mumbled.

"Nothing, really." Ivan said. "I'm just trying to get a sense of how much self control Luke actually has, so we can avoid another incident."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Ashton asked, I felt him set his hand on my shoulder. As if the answer would come would be one to make me lash out.

"Well what I did was get a separate smaller room that he will be in for a few days." Ivan said. "Along the walls are bottles of alcohol, I just want to see if he can go without drinking them."

"That's it?" I asked, when Ivan glanced off to the side I knew that was not it. "What else did you do?"

"Well..I didn't really do anything." Ivan said. "Yet."

"What are you going to do to him!?" I snapped.

"Easy Michael!" Ivan snapped back. "Don't raise your voice with me." I let out a huff and leaned back in my chair. "Now as I was saying. I'm just putting him in a room and see how he handles himself. Okay? That's not too bad, right?"

I did not trust a word that was coming out of Ivan's mouth, but what did I have to say? I could not really accuse him of anything nor could I go against him. It seemed in the past few months Ivan wanted to take the reigns. He wanted control. He wanted to hold onto us like we were puppets. We were not Ivan's only band either, just the most inexperienced. I had wondered if he was like this with his other bands too. Controlling. Demanding. Demonic, even.

I had to know if this was truly worth it.

"Alright." I finally spoke. "You can leave now."

Ivan smiled and walked out of the room. He seemed smug, like he had us wrapped around his finger. Ivan was sickening to me. But what other option did any of us had? He offered to give us this opportunity. I could not go against it, really. It was Luke who wanted this more then any of us, I was wondering if he liked this as much as he thought he would.

"It's going to be weird without Luke here." Calum sighed, speaking the thought neither Ashton or I would voice. We nodded in agreement. "I feel like Ivan is going off the deep end."

"Do you think he was always like that?" I asked. "Like have we just reached the point where he's going to put us through his insane ideas?"

"I have no idea.." Calum said.

"Think he was like this with any other band?" I asked.

"I thought we were Ivan's first band.." Ashton muttered.

"No, I was talking with Manny and he said that Ivan only tells us that to make it seem like his mistakes are excusable. He wants to seem experienced, but not too experienced." I said. "I do know the lead singer of one of the other ones."

"What band?" Ashton asked.

A/N: The band I am about to say is not real btw xD The name is also randomly generated but if you have a band and want to make it this feel free to xD

"Light Snow," I said. "You know, their singer Celesta Villarosa."

"Yeah, I know them." Ashton said. "What about it? Wait, how long have you known them?"

"A while." I said. "We met when we first got signed. I was thinking about asking her about Ivan."

"We have nothing to lose." Ashton said. "I mean, at least Ivan doesn't really bother Calum and I too much. But I don't think he should be on both of your's and Luke's cases all the time. It's like he's trying to turn us into puppets."

"Here I can go call her." I said. I pulled out my phone and clicked around before pressing Celesta's name. After four rings she picked up.

"Hey Michael." She said. "What's going on?"

"I just had a question." I said.

"About?"

"Ivan."

"Oh, Ivan." Celesta chuckled. "What do you need, kid?"

"Did he ever act kind of..Nuts with you guys?" I asked. "Because I swear he's losing his mind."

"Oh yeah," Celesta said. "Maybe after a year of us being signed he was completely obsessed with our drummer. Not in any particular way, he just wanted to make sure that they were perfect, you know? So Ivan set her through some rigerous stuff. She would disappear for weeks at a time, and Ivan would tell us that she was doing something." There was a pause. "Why? What's going on?"

"Cause Ivan is doing something similar to Luke, I was just wondering if it was normal for Ivan. I guess it is." I sighed. "It's like we have to do whatever he says at this point."

"You do." Celesta said. "Ivan really isn't one to cross either, step in his way and he will put you down like a dog. He has a bit of a temper. If he's not amused no one is. You just kind of have to go around with what he says and then eventually, when he gets a new band and you guys are maintained he'll leave you alone." Celesta paused again. "Wait, what's going on with Luke? He would only bother him if there was something wrong with him. Have something to do with why he wasn't at your last concert."

"He has a bit of a drinking problem." I admitted, I felt no reason in hiding it. "Ivan is trying to make that go away as fast as possible. He's beating down on Luke. He just keeps us dancing like puppets."

"Well..Just be careful, alright? Ivan is a little insane. We both know that." Celesta said. "Tell Luke I said hi."

"You don't know Luke."

"I know, I also don't know Ashton and Calum but you can tell them that I said hi as well." Celesta said. "Oh and I might be up to visit you guys. Just to see some things."

"Alright." I said. "Thanks."

"Not a problem, I really didn't do anything." Celesta said. "Talk to you later, alright? I'm curious to hear more of this."

"Alright." I said. I hung up my phone and turned the boys. "Ivan is just nuts." I pulled up my legs and let out a sigh. "I want Lukey back.."

"Aw that's so cute.." Ashton cooed, Calum and I both glared at him. "I mean, it's sad. But so damn cute."

"Michael, he's only gone for a couple of days." Calum said as he sat next to me.

"Yeah but who knows what Ivan is going to do. This is dumb, he can't do that!" I snapped. "We're humans too!"

"Michael just relax, alright? Ivan isn't actually going to hurt Luke." Calum said.

I leaned back on the couch, hoping Calum was right.