Epilogue III

Death is the welcome cessation of idiocy. ~Stephen Evans

Luke's POV

Michael and I were sitting on the couch. I had no idea what was playing on the television, in the background of our conversation. Instead I was focused only on him and I, and the pleasure we had in one another's company. 

Michael was kissing along my neck in such a way it tickled, making me giggle and push back on his face. "S-Stop it!" 

"But it's so funny." Michael smirked. "I just love it." 

I only smiled before we were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. "Don't worry, babe, I'll get it." 

"Thank you Michael." I replied. Michael stood up off of the couch and walked towards the door, I listened carefully. Waiting to know who was at the door. 

"Iva - " Michael was yelling loudly but was soon cut off by the sound of a large boom, ringing through my ears. I immediately stood up and could see Michael laying on the floor and Ivan at the door with a gun in his hands. My first instinct was to scream. 

"Wake up!" Michael yelled and I felt his hand fly across my face. I laid wide eyed and Michael let out a sigh. "Sorry for smacking you..You just wouldn't wake up, but you were being really loud.." I nodded in response and began to sit up. "Another bad dream, huh?" 

"Yeah." I sighed. These 'bad dreams' had been too consistent. They had been occurring on a daily basis, leaving me constantly tired and very fearful. I had not even seen Ivan again and yet, it was like he was always eating away at me. 

"This is getting out of hand." Michael sighed as he slid off of the bed, by the little light in the room I could clearly still tell that it was night. "I am sick of being woken up." 

"I'm sorry.." I replied. 

"It's not your fault." Michael said. "I thought you and Ivan worked everything out?" 

"I thought we did." I said. "But he didn't seem to recall that.." 

"Think he's mad at you because things didn't go his way?" Michael asked as he turned on the lamp on the far side of the room. 

"I don't know." I replied. 

Michael sighed and sat down on the bed, running a hand through his hair. "Luke I'm getting pretty tired of this, you need to do something about it."

"What am I suppose to do, Michael?" I sighed, folding my arms across my chest. 

"I don't know, Luke, I don't understand why you're so petrified." Michael replied, he stood up off of the bed and walked towards the door. "I honestly don't know what to do, Luke." 

"W-Where are you going?" I asked. Michael had barely left me alone for the past few weeks, I did not want him to do so now. 

"Just out," Michael said. "I'll be back in twenty minutes." He stood up and walked out of the room, a few minutes later I heard the front door. 

I felt guilty, in all honesty it seemed like I was overreacting but it was a fear I could not help but to freak out about. I just kept trying to tell myself all of this was fine, nothing was bad at all. In fact, I had not seen or heard from Ivan since that day in the grocery store. 

I just could not shake the distress out of me. 

I walked into the dark kitchen and wandered around somewhat aimlessly. I did not know what to do with myself, it seemed that the only time I ever had anything to do was when Elisabetta told us there was something to do.