20 - Take A Step Back

Growth demands a temporary surrender of security. It may mean giving up familiar but limiting patterns, safe but unrewarding work, values no longer believed in, and relationships that have lost their meaning. ~John C. Maxwell

Luke's POV

"Why doesn't he care about me?" I asked Ivan as I laid in the couch in his office.

"I don't know Luke." Ivan sighed.

"I want him to care but he doesn't." I sniffled. "He wants me to be sad, but I don't like being sad."

"I'm sure Michael doesn't want you being sad." Ivan said. "Here have a drink."

"Michael thinks I'm addicted to alcohol." I said as I drank. I noticed Ivan go wide eyed.

"What?"

"Michael said I'm addicted to alcohol."

Ivan paused. "Luke stop drinking. I'm calling Michael."

"Great." I sighed and listened to Ivan dial Michael. He pressed a button that put Michael on speaker as he set the phone down, rubbing his face.

"Yeah?" Michael answered.

"Hey Michael it's Ivan." He responded. "I just needed to talk."

"Is Luke with you?" Michael asked.

"Yeah he is. That's what I wanted to talk about." Ivan sighed. "Michael, is Luke addicted to alcohol?"

"I think so."

"So..He has withdrawal symptoms?"

"He gets headaches and stuff."

Ivan sighed. "Damn.."

"What?"

"I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it." Ivan sighed. "Michael I'm sending Luke back to your guy's rooms. Are you there?"

"Yeah we're here." Michael said.

"Okay. He has been..drinking." Ivan said. "So, letting you know now."

"You're a really good manager Ivan." Michael scoffed and the line went dead.

"I have to go back with Michael.." I muttered. Ivan nodded. "But Michael doesn't like me."

"Luke, go on." Ivan said. "Be good and go see Michael."

"Okay.." I mumbled as I began to make my way back to where I was suppose to be in the first place. When I reached the building I saw Michael standing outside before grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside.

"Michael please don't be mad.." I said. "I know you don't like it when I'm happy though.."

"Luke stop saying that." Michael sighed. I ducked my head as we shot up the elevator. Michael let out a sigh of relief when we reached the top and pulled into a room where I could also see Calum and Ashton.

"Guys I found Luke." Michael announced. "We're going to go in the kitchen and talk."

"Should we be in there too?" Ashton asked, Michael shook his head. "Alright, if you say so."

Michael at this point pulled me into the kitchen and lifted me slightly and slid me up onto the counter as if I weighed nothing. He walked back and forth and ran a hand through his hair.

"Luke I can't do this if you're going to keep acting this way." Michael said.

"I - "

"Let me finish!" Michael snapped and I gestured for him to continue. "I can't keep going on with you like this if all you do is make me feel like a bad guy constantly. 'Michael doesn't like me happy'. That's not true and you know it." Michael let out a sigh. "I'm trying to help you Luke, but it feels like there's nothing I can do because you don't want to be helped. It's like..You enjoy being this way." Michael paused. "You can say something now."