Two - Rip My Seams

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these 'it might have been'. ~John Greenleaf Whittier 

Michael's POV

Luke just disappeared into his room like always, I swear something was going on in that boy's head and I just didn't know what. Sure, I was upset about having this fake relationship, but no matter how upset I was he was ten times more upset. And I think that's what pained me the most. 

I loved seeing a happy Luke, sure he was awkward and quirky but I didn't mind. He always made me feel ten times better about myself with simple words. And now, I was terribly afraid that I would lose it. 

I walked up to his door and tapped my fist against the wood. 

"Luke?" I said softly. "Luke, can I come in?" 

"I guess." His voice croaked. I opened the door and saw him sniffling on the bed, curled up in a ball with tears down his face. 

"Aw, Luke." I said softly as I approached him. "Why are you crying?"

"I hate lying to everyone Mikey. I don't want to do this." Luke whimpered. "I feel so bad for lying to everyone, the fans, the photographers, the magazines, everyone. I don't even know what to say when someone approaches me about it." 

"Luke, have you ever loved a girl before?" I asked. "There was that one girl in high school, you really liked her, right?"

"Yeah, but that was just some stupid high school fantasy." Luke mumbled. "I don't know what love is Michael." 

"Neither do I." I laughed lightly. "I'm not quite sure where I was going with this..I was going to say just pretend I was that girl but I don't know how much help that would be." 

"That's nasty Michael." Luke rolled his eyes. 

"Why is that nasty?" I scoffed. 

"Because I feel like you would just make an awful woman." Luke giggled and I smiled at the return of his happiness. 

"Luke, lets be honest for a second, no matter what happens I will never stop being your friend okay?" I said and he nodded. "I'm going to promise you, can you promise me." 

"I promise, Mikey, I promise." Luke nodded. The door opened and revealed a grim looking Ashton. 

"What's up?" I turned to him and he took in a deep breath. 

"Ivan," Ashton began. "Wants you guys to go out and look like a couple. Like, walk around." 

"Do we have to?" Luke mumbled and Ashton nodded. 

"Dammit, I signed up for a band not a boyfriend." I snarled and walked towards the door. "Be ready in five minutes Luke." I put on my sneakers in my room and walked back to Luke's room, where I heard Ashton and Luke talking. 

"Luke, Michael isn't too fond of this, I'm just saying I'm afraid you're going to get hurt." Ashton said. "He's just going to be a jerk and then you guys won't be friends anymore."

"That's not true, Ash." Luke argued. 

"Luke, you have to listen to me. I know what I'm talking about and you have to remember that you can't let what Michael says to you go to your head. He deserves repercussion, but I don't want you thinking poorly of yourself." Ashton said softly and I could already feel my temper climbing at the fact that Ashton doesn't trust me with his precious Luke. 

"Alright Ashy," Luke said and I made a gagging face. "I'll do what you say."

"Thank you, Luke." Ashton said. "Michael must be waiting. Why don't you go check?" I pulled myself away from the door at this point and down into the living room.