25 - Pre-Exam

Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us. ~Martin Luther

Luke's POV

I was sitting on the bus, looking out the window. I was bored, my headphones were playing a gentle music into my ears.

I had to tell Ivan I was sorry, and in time he said that he would forgive me completely. He said for the time being I had to be obedient and there needed to be more cooperation with stronger restraints.

Also in his attempts to stop me from drinking he had rations of alcohol for me to drink every day. In the morning I would drink what he said to and that was it.

Ashton was chilling on the other side of a table from me, Calum was laying on the couch against the wall. Michael was sleeping.

I stood up after a while and wondered off to the back where beds were. When I opened the curtain to see Michael's bunk Michael wasn't there. So my first instinct was to turn and check mine. Where Michael was.

Michael often did this. He would sleep in my bunk. He claimed it was comfier but I am not sure I bought that.

I had to smile a little though, Michael was awfully adorable sleeping. Sometimes his nose would crinkle and when we woke in the morning, the sunrise's light bounced brilliantly off of his pale skin.

I climbed onto the bunk and laid next to Michael. I was barely on it, since Michael took up most of it. But I did not really mind, since he was here first.

Michael's eyes opened as he yawned. "Luke?"

"Hi." I said quietly. Michael at this point scooted closer to the wall. I moved a little farther onto the bed. Michael pulled me closer to him. His arms wrapped around my waist and his face nuzzled in my chest.

"What are you doing?" He asked tiredly.

"I just got bored. Why are you in my bunk?" I asked. Michael shrugged. "Are you still tired?"

"Yeah kinda." Michael mumbled.

"Why are you so tired? I don't remember you being up late." I said.

"I got up after you fell asleep." Michael said. "I stayed up a little later then I would've liked before going back to bed."

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"Nothing really important." Michael shrugged again.

"Are you going to go back to sleep?" I asked and Michael shrugged a shoulder. "Well I'll lay with you, if you want."

"Yeah okay." Michael nodded.

Michael nuzzled into me as I ran my hand through his hair. Eventually Michael let out a huff of air.

"What?" I asked.

"I can't fall asleep." Michael mumbled.

"Just try a little." I said. I felt bad for waking Michael up in the first place. Since he was tired, I should not have even bothered.

So as I stroked Michael's hair I sung quietly, hoping I would be able to get him to sleep. Michael hummed happily in response.

In a moment, Michael had fallen asleep. I adjusted myself so I was laying in a more comfortable spot before kissing Michael's nose and falling asleep as well.

"Sh..Sh Cal!" I woke up to the noise of Ashton, clearly speaking to Calum. I turned my head to them and could see Calum sitting with his phone out.

"Did you just take a picture?" I sighed and Calum nodded.

"You're both so cute." Ashton cooed.

"Sh. Michael is still sleeping." I snarled.

"Alright princess." Calum said. Putting his hands up in defense as he walked away with Ashton.

I separated myself from Michael and stood up, walking into the other section of the bus I looked outside the window and went wide eyed at the sight.

People. Everywhere.

Our fans.

Many of them were holding signs as they were all yelling or screaming. We were no longer driving and I noticed they were just trying to get us inside of the hotel.

I swallowed hard and pulled down on the collar of my shirt.

"Should I wake up Michael?" I asked. Ashton shook his head.

"Ivan said we can't get out for a while longer. He will come tell us when we can go." Ashton said.

I nodded my head and sat down.

"Have you talked to Ivan since you've apologized?" Calum asked. I shook my head. "So you don't know what he wants?"

"What?" I asked.

"He wants you to tell everyone why you weren't at the last show." Calum said. "I don't think you have a choice."

"Yeah. I don't." I sighed and ran a hand down my face. "This is kind of dumb."

"I don't think you should have apologized. Why'd you come back?" Calum asked. "I mean, I like having you here. But you seemed pretty set on leaving."

I turned my head in the direction of the bunks. I did not even have to say it.

"Right..Michael." Calum sighed. "How's that going?"

"Pretty good." I said. "It's kind of calm."

"Kind of?" Calum asked.

"Well we got frustrated while packing but otherwise nothing." I said. "He's really tired lately though. He'll lay down with me and then when I'm asleep he gets up and goes to work on something."

"Oh I know what it is." Calum said. "Yeah he told me all about it."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I can't tell you." Calum said. "It's suppose to be a surprise. I don't think Ashton knows."

"No I don't." Ashton chimed in.

"You'll like it, don't worry." Calum smiled as he patted my back.

At this point the bus doors opened and walking up in was Ivan.

"Okay boys, where is Michael?" Ivan asked. I gestured towards the bunks. "Go get him."

I nodded and walked back, gently shaking Michael he groaned and turned to me.

"We're getting off." I said softly. "Ivan wants to talk too. So come on."

"Okay." Michael mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He stood up and grabbed my hand as we walked back towards Ivan. When he looked down at our hands a smile played against his lips.

"Your luggage is already inside." Ivan said. "We're going to go inside. Be careful and just keep walking."

"Alright." We all said. We then began to climb off the bus. I went off before Michael so I stood and waited for him. Trying to block out the screaming. Calum looked like he would throw up and Ashton was trying to brave it for us but was struggling. I was on the verge of tears and Michael was clinging to me tightly.

"I hate this.." I mumbled.

"It's okay." Michael whispered. "Just get inside."

I rubbed my head with my free hand. "I need a drink.."

"No you don't." Michael said. I nodded in response as we walked through the doors. Calum took a deep breath and Michael separated from me, but still kept out hands locked.

"Alright boys, follow me." Ivan smiled. "We're going to test a few things."

"Test?" Michael asked. "Test what?"

Ivan chuckled. "Well.."