30 - Turn Away

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~Frederick Douglas

Michael's POV

Luke seemed calm. Almost too calm for what was going on. Ivan was absolutely insane but Luke was handling the issue with ease. At least..He looked like was.

"Luke are you alright?" I asked as he was leaning on the counter drinking a cup of coffee.

"I'm alright yeah." Luke nodded. "I mean, I'm not good. But I'm not dying either. So I could go ahead and say I'm alright."

"What about - "

"Ivan?" Luke interjected. "What about him?"

"I would just..Expect you to be more worried about him showing up." I said honestly.

"Nah." Luke said as he dug around in a plastic bag. "Want to do something fun though?"

"What kind of fun?" I winked and got a glare from Luke. "Not that kind of fun? Dammit."

"Ashton and Calum are still sleeping," Luke said. "I was saving this for a rainy day but it seems to be thundering. I guess it's better then ever to use it."

"What is it?" I whined.

"I got two air horns and two silly string containers." Luke smiled as he put them on the counter. "Which one do you want?"

"Can't I have one of both?" I asked.

"No." Luke said. "One of us will blow the horns and when they sit up the other will spray them with silly string!"

I smiled. "Give me the air horns."

"Yes! I wanted the silly string." Luke smiled as he tossed me the two air horns. We then went towards Calum's room where Ashton was sprawled out on Calum.

"This is so dumb." I chuckled and only got shushed by Luke. Whom looked like it was taking everything in him to stay quiet.

"Ready?" I asked Luke and when he nodded I blew the two horns and just like Luke said, Calum and Ashton shot straight up screaming as Luke covered them in silly string.

"Luke!" Ashton yelled. Luke smiled innocently as he threw the cans at the two and ran out of the room.

"Michael.." Calum snarled as he turned to me.

"Luke wait for me!" I yelled as I ran out of the room, cans still in my hand. Being chased by Calum and Ashton. I ran into the living room and hid behind Luke.

"No don't hide behind me!" Luke laughed.

"Oh I'm not just hiding." I said. I picked Luke up and carried him closer to Calum and Ashton who brought him to the ground and held him there.

"Why would you do that?" Ashton groaned. "You got that crap all in my hair."

"Well I don't care." Luke smirked.

"I will literally tickle you until you pee if you don't go clean that mess up." Calum said.

"Yeah over my dead body." Luke stuck his tongue out and Calum began to tickle him, followed by Ashton.

"Michael save me!" Luke yelled through hysterical laughter.

"Sorry, love, no can do." I smiled. "I'm just as guilty as you and I want a head start when they come after me."

"That's right Michael blew those stupid horns!" Ashton gasped. Ashton stood up and grabbed me as he brought me on the floor next to Luke. I dropped the cans as he sat over me and began to tickle me too.

I let out a scream and then bursted into laughter, thrashing all around underneath Ashton. We were all being so loud and laughing, we did not hear the door open.

"Boys!" I heard Ivan yell and looked up to see him. Calum immediately stood up and lifted Luke up. Ashton and I stood up slower but all the same.

"Let's go. Interview." Ivan sighed, he began to walk towards the door.

"I'm not going." Luke said, folding his arms. Ivan stopped walking and clenched his fists. He let out a sigh and turned back around.

"I thought you might say that." Ivan said. "So," With a snap of his fingers three large men walked in the room and grabbed Luke.

"Put me down, put me down! I am an adult!" Luke screamed.

"Then act like and do your job!" Ivan snapped. I watched him backhand Luke which caused him to stop thrashing around in two of the men's grasp. Everyone was frozen.

"Why can't you just listen to me, Luke!?" Ivan yelled. "Have you not leaned anything?"

"I'll start listening when you become humane!" Luke yelled back. "I hate you! I would rather be living in a box then dealing with this!"

"Then why don't you?" Ivan snarled as he walked closer to Luke. At this point Luke hung more limply in the men's grasp. He looked off to the side before looking back to Ivan.

"This isn't about me." Luke replied. "That's why I just don't up and leave. Do you know what it would mean for everyone else in this room? You don't abandon the people you care about, no matter what. I would rather be miserable and be with them then be miserable and alone."

"Oh how cute." Ivan rolled his eyes.

"This is why you're alone," Luke said. "Because you have no soul!"

"I have had just about enough of your mouth!" Ivan yelled. "If you don't stop I will - "

I cut Ivan off with the sound of a blaring air horn. Causing everyone to turn to me.

"Ivan I'm more like you, I have a lot less of moralities and soul." I said. "So I quit." I dropped the can on the floor. "This is ridiculous. I'm done."

"Me too." Ashton said as he walked next to me and stood on my left.

"Count me in." Calum huffed as he stood next to Ashton.

"Wait what?" Ivan asked.

"If Luke is only staying because of us, well I'm going to leave with my best friend so he doesn't have to endure you anymore." Ashton said. "Both of you can let go of Luke."

Luke fell to the floor as they dropped him and he stood up and walked over to us.

"We're more then a band, we're more then money in your pocket." I said as I put my arms around everyone. "We're humans who have become best friends. And wherever one of us goes, the other three follows."

"Ivan you just don't understand what it's like when you're willing to follow someone to the grave." Calum added.

"You can't do this!" Ivan huffed. "C'mon guys..Just why don't we forget about this and - "

"Oh so now you're going to just 'forget about this' so everything can work out for you?" Ashton scoffed. "I would rather die then work for you. No wonder you're all alone."

"Guys please." Ivan laughed nervously. I took Luke's hand and walked towards the door. "Guys..Come on!" I put my hand on Ivan's shoulder and turned him to the door. "Luke, please tell them to change their minds!"

"Sorry Ivan, you never got around to corrupting mine." Luke said. "Oh and for all the crap I endured because of you?" Luke let go of my hand and backhanded Ivan as he stumbled out the door.

"Luke you can't do this!" Ivan screamed. "You're making a big mistake! I will get you for this!"

And with that, Ivan turned and ran out.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

So school is finally over. Hallelujah. Anyways, Ariana is going to be pretty much..Non-existent for a while. While she is still writing all these chapters she does not have the time to put them up and do all that because she has to take a bunch of classes over the summer to compensate for the time she missed during this school year.

But hey, I'm here. And that's not..Awful. :D

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX