16 - Let Me Try

The best proof of love is trust. ~Joyce Brothers

Michael's POV

I leaned above Luke, kissing along his neck, every few kisses I would stop and suck gently on his skin. His hands were laying on my neck and I was set between his legs.

"What are you doing!?" I lifted my head up in sigh and turned to see Ashton standing wide eyed in the doorway.

"You know," Ashton began. "I am going to leave." The door shut and I felt Luke pushing back on my chest to get me off of him.

"What? No.." I mumbled.

"Michael no." Luke sighed. I pushed Luke down on the bed and straddled his hips, pressing my lips back down on his. When Luke did not move I turned his head at an angle to have better access to his neck.

"M-Michael.." Luke let out a deep moan. Luke at this point turned his head to my own so he could latch his lips to my own. I slipped my hands underneath his shirt. Running my hands against his cold skin. Luke's hands were placed around my face but laying upon my neck.

As I managed to tug the shirt up and over his head I discovered a whole new area for me to latch myself too; however there was one issue.

While my hands began to run downwards I could feel Luke's hands beginning to shake, and I knew at this point I had to take a step back. I lifted my head up slowly and saw Luke's eyes squeezed shut, eventually they opened to me but he did not say a word. I shook my head slowly.

"W-What.." Luke mumbled.

"You need to tell me if you're uncomfortable with something Luke.." I said quietly. "You can't just let me do whatever I want, you have to let me know."

Luke nodded his head slowly, but I did not think he completely understood. I crawled off of him and he sat up, folding his arms across his bare chest. Instead of putting his shirt back on, I got one of my own hoodies and slid it over his head. He looked at me cautiously.

"Luke?" I said gently as I sat behind him, my arms were wrapped around his body as my head rested on his shoulder.

"Hm?"

"I love you." I said. Part of me hoped he would say it back, part of me thought that he would not.

At least part of me would be right.

"Michael stop it." Luke mumbled as he pushed me off of him. Luke laid down on the bed, and I seemed to be following him around for every inch he moved. I was like a little lost puppy, but in all reality. I was just trying to protect Luke.

"Michael leave me alone." Luke rolled away from me.

"Luke..Why don't you like me?" I asked. At this point, Luke stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. I - of course - followed him, just in time for him to shut the bathroom door.

"Luke!" I yelled as I banged on the door, it then flung open and I saw Luke glaring at me, eyes filled with tears as he pushed me back to the wall.

"Michael stop!" He said, as tears began flowing over. "Leave me alone! Stop telling me you love me when you don't!" He slammed the bathroom door shut and I could hear him slide down it with his sobs.

I looked to my right and saw Ashton and Calum standing, wide eyed. I then leaned against the door but was pulled away by Calum as Ashton coaxed Luke into coming out.

"What?" I asked Calum.

"You can't do that." Calum shook his head slowly. "You need to give Luke his space."

"Calum but - "

"I know what happened, and you were the cause of that." Calum snarled. "But you gotta let Luke just be on his own sometimes. He sure as hell does not want you to be all over him the way you are. He barely wants you around at all."

"We-We were fine a couple of minutes ago." I mumbled.

"I want to help you Michael," Calum sighed. "I really do. But it's almost like there is no helping you." Calum put a hand on my shoulder. "How could you torture Luke like that and try to convince him you love him? You have no right to be upset, you did this to yourself."

"You don't understand Calum." I mumbled as I sat down.

"Michael a couple of hours ago you hated Luke." Calum said. "Now you think you get to turn around and tell him you love him so everything will be okay?" At this point I could see Calum's anger. "You have no right to treat him the way you do! After all of this, I hope Luke never forgives you. I hope you get a horrible type of misery for this..This..Crime. That's what this is, a crime. A shame. A reminder on why you are disgusting."

"Calum that's not helping." Ashton sighed as he appeared in the doorway. "That is certainty more then enough. You aren't going to fix their problems, Cal, they have to work them out themselves. You have to let Michael apologize to Luke the only way he knows how to." Ashton then turned to me, taking a few steps forward. "Michael it's not like Luke does not love you, he just has a hard time believing that you feel the same way, and with good reasoning."

"What do I do?" I mumbled, I could feel my own eyes pricking with tears.

"You have to prove everything to him." Ashton shrugged. "Luke thinks seeing is believing. If you can prove to be a good person, good for him, and that you love him then it'll be alright. But I can't help you with that." Ashton gave a small smile. "Well, I did do one thing."

"What?" Calum and I asked in unison.

Ashton smiled wider. "I convinced him to go see a movie with you."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Helloooo everyone! I just have a little bit of an announcement! Very exciting. So I wanted to start another book, it would indeed be a Lashton because I have a million Muke's. The concept behind it is to have Lucy be involved with more of the writing process because a book is like a baby. You take care of it and hold it like a first child. So I'm not very..Open to her writing parts on the book - although I do take ideas and suggestions.

This is where you all come in.. In the next chapter of every book will be several different prefaces for you all to read. I am asking that those of you whom read and vote and comment to just leave a little note on your favorite one. The one that I see has the most replies on, will be the next book. Not saying the other one's won't be included later on, but this will determine the next one.

That's all I have to say! The next section of this book will do this ( I have not finished all of the concepts that I have for these ) Also they will be on each of my books that are updated recently. So, this one (Forced), Pill By Pill, Geek Squad, and Acrobatics. You are allowed to vote once on each book, so four times.

Okay..NOW That's all I have to say! Thank you all for you time! I will probably have the prefaces up by Friday? Maybe? Probably? Also Lucy are writing some of them, so if you can correctly guess who wrote which one, I will count your vote as two as a special little boost ;3

Frick I'm going on again..NOW I'M DONE.  

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX