11 - Come Home

Don't fight the problem, decide it. ~George C. Marshall

Michael's POV

"Where is that boy?" I asked as I looked at my phone the next morning, it was past noon, it wasn't like Luke to be so late like this. I didn't think he had any friends besides us, so I was a tad worried.

"I don't know." Ashton shrugged.

"I know, and that makes me nervous." I breathed. "I mean, what if he's hurt or what if he got kidnapped or raped or killed!"

"Michael," Ashton sighed. "You realize how unlikely all of those are, right? I mean Luke is a pretty tall guy."

"Yeah, he probably just picked up some hot babe and there you go." Calum smirked and I shot him a wicked glare. "Hey I was kidding, Luke would never."

"Maybe we should stop taking Luke to parties," Ashton admitted. "They never end well for him. He usually gets pissed drunk and then he just gets all awkward afterwards. I mean, yeah it is out of character for Luke to disappear, but considering all of the places he's passed out from being wasted..Well, you could say I'm not too surprised."

"Mikey is just worried s'all." Calum shrugged. "I mean, he loves Luke." Calum smirked at me in a taunting voice and I just wanted to slug him.

"Oh hush now." Ashton said. "You have to say it like w-u-v. Like you're a baby."

"No you don't." I said quickly. Before either of them could say another word the door opened and in stepped a messy blonde.

"Luke!" We yelled and it seemed to startle him quite a bit. We all began to walk over to him and I noticed him grow wide eyed before running past all of us and into the bathroom to hurl.

We all followed him and I tried reaching out for him but Ashton pulled me back and shook his head. "Luke doesn't like to be touched when throwing up, you know that."

"Fine. I'll be in my room." I groaned and walked off. It wasn't too long later that I heard the shower start. I laid listening to the steady beating of the droplets against the tiles. It was like a rhythm that could never be remade, could never be played. It was one of a kind and you would never see it anywhere again.

After a while, the bedroom door opened with a fully clothed Luke, well sorta. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a dark blue t-shirt. So it's not like he was dressed for the queen. Still, he looked good.

"I feel like complete and utter trash." Luke commented as he flopped down on the bed.

I frowned. "I'm sorry, wanna cuddle?"

"No, I would rather just lay here." Luke sighed as he curled up in  ball and pulled my blankets over him. It was odd of Luke to decline affections from me. I mean, he always like it when I was there. I wonder what made him not want to be near me now.

"Luke, are you okay?" I asked.

"I just don't feel good and I want to be left alone." Luke muttered.

"Well this is my room." I pointed out. "But I'll leave." I let out a sigh as I stood up off the bed and left the room. Walking back into the living room where Calum and Ashton were currently.

"Hey Mikey, is everything okay?" Ashton asked and I let out an exasperated breath. "So no. What happened?"

"Luke's acting weird, he wants absolutely nothing to do with me and I don't know why and it's aggravating." I said as I sat down and leaned against the couch. "I don't get it, he doesn't even want me to lay a finger on him."

"But Luke loves getting affection from you." Ashton said with a puzzled look.

"I know, that's why I'm confused." I sighed. "I swear taking care of that boy is so much effort. It's more like having a child than a boyfriend. I swear fake dating and being pissy all the time was better than this."

"Uh Michael.." Calum said quietly. "You should stop talking."

"And for what?" I continued anyways. "For the cute little lead singer of a dumb band that I'm a part of. I swear this whole thing only started was because of our stupid manager. I'm surprised it's even lasted th long. It probably won't for much longer though."

"Michael shut up." Ashton said nervously.

"I swear it's impossible to be with that boy, he'll die a virgin and he'll die alone at this rate." I grumbled. "We won't get anywhere farther than this so it's pointless in trying. I mean, it's not like it'll be worth it in the end anyways. Of course it won't. Because a little boy who needs to learn to be a man is not worth it."

"Michael shut up!" Ashton yelled.

"Why should I?" I scoffed.

"Because Luke is standing right there!" Ashton pointed towards the door and I turned and almost lost all the air in my lungs. Tears strolling down his cheeks.

"You were just using me.." Was the first thing he said. "I knew it.. I knew it all along. I told everybody that..And they told me I was wrong. Well I see now that I am not so wrong."

"Luke no," I said quickly and stepped towards him.

"You're only going to apologize because I heard it," Luke scoffed. "If I didn't hear it, then you wouldn't have said anything!"

"Luke listen - "

"No you can not apologize Michael! Because you don't care!" Luke yelled.

"I care, I do."

"Oh so I'm going to die a lonely virgin, that it?" Luke said as he walked towards the door.

"Luke - "

"Well I may die lonely but certainly not a virgin, wanna know why Michael?" Luke asked as he slid his shoes on.

"Why?"

"Because when I left that party last night it was because I went home with a girl! I got pissed-drunk and woke up in a bed naked with this woman! So I am not going to die a virgin! You can go screw yourself!" Luke yelled and with that, he was gone.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Well that was actually not my original plan. But it seemed to work out quite well.

My original plan was that Luke was going to tell Ashton and not Michael and then wait it out for a while but then nah, why not just pile some more drama onto this chapter?

Anyways..It's this the third update? Or the fourth? I don't remember and frankly I don't really care. An update is in fact an update.

Anyway I hope you all have/had a lovely day and that the next one will be even better!

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX