21 - Switching Roles

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. ~William Shakespeare

Luke's POV

After drinking the two beers I had retreated to my room, I was laying in my bed. Stuck in a stage where I was only semi awake. I thought I heard the door creak open but thought nothing of it. Not until I felt someone else on the bed.

I did not even have to turn, I just felt arms around me and could tell that it was Michael.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Michael did not say a word, only nuzzled into my back. For a moment I just wanted to leave him there, but I was honestly wondering what he was doing. So I pushed him back and sat up.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To cuddle.." Michael mumbled.

"Why?" I asked. "Why does that seem like a good idea?"

"I miss you.." Michael shrugged.

"You broke up with me like three hours ago." I sighed.

"I know, but we can still cuddle." Michael said, lifting his arms up.

"No we can't." I shook my head. "We can't cuddle. You need to leave."

"B-But Lukey.." Michael mumbled.

"No buts Michael. Get out." I sighed, trying not to be too loud in case Calum and Ashton were sleeping.

"Have you been drinking? You smell like beer." Michael said.

"Get the hell out!" I snapped.

"Why.." Michael mumbled. "You need me here."

"No I don't, I need you to leave." I said.

"Please.."

"No Michael out!" I said, standing up from the bed I opened the door and pointed out of it. "You don't get to break up with me and then come and cuddle. So get out." Michael sighed and got up, walking out of the door. "Thank goodness.." I shut the door and returned to my bed. It was not too long later that the door opened and Calum stepped inside.

"Will you please let Michael sleep with you?" Calum said.

"Are you serious, Cal?" I sighed.

"I don't want him crying in my bed all night." Calum said. "This is your fault."

"No he broke up with me!" I scoffed. "He can't come and sleep with me. Ask Ashton to take care of him. I don't want him here."

"Just for tonight?" Calum asked.

"No." I snarled. "Now can everyone please just get out. Send him back to his own bed if you don't want to deal with him."

"This is ridiculous.." Calum sighed.

"Oh I know." I rolled my eyes. "I don't want him here and I already told him that."

"Fine." Calum sighed and walked out of the room, I laid back down and fella sleep soon after. When I woke up the next morning I headed out into the kitchen. My head was throbbing and my hands began to shake so I immediately went towards the fridge.

"Drinking again?" Calum said as he walked in the kitchen, he looked exhausted. "Screw it, gimme one." I passed Calum a beer as we popped the top off and drank. At this point Ashton walked in. Grabbed the beer from my hands and chugged most of it.

"Michael is so ridiculous." Ashton sighed as he began to dig through the cabinets. "He broke up with you, he shouldn't be acting like this."

"It was literally not even twenty-four hours ago." Calum sighed.

"Well he broke up with me and I can't really do anything about it." I rolled my eyes.

"He's acting like an idiot." Calum sighed. "I can't deal with another night of the bull we just dealt with. And it's only been one night."

"Michael is more of a handful then I ever thought he was." Ashton said, his eyes looked to me. "How did you deal with it?"

I held up a bottle.

"Great by the end of the week I think we'll all have alcohol addictions." Ashton scoffed. "Well except Michael."

"Shut up Ashton." I snarled.

"Sorry." Ashton sighed.

"What are you going to do about that?" Calum asked.

"I think I'm just going to keep drinking until I die." I shrugged. "I mean, what else am I suppose to do? It all seems pretty pointless."

"What do you do during shows?" Ashton asked.

"Try to hold out the best I can." I said. "That's an adventure and a half."

"Great cause that's a good idea." Calum rolled his eyes.

"We'll see. When's the next show?" I asked. "Feels like forever since we've done anything."

"It's been about two weeks." Ashton shrugged. "The concert is in a few days."

"Thanks." I sighed. "I need another beer." I reached back in the fridge and pulled out the last bottle. "Ash, when you're ready will you run to the store and pick up some more? This is the last bottle."

"Why don't you?" Ashton asked.

"Cause I asked you to." I sighed.

"Alright. Whatever less time I have to deal with the pitiful Michael." Ashton said. "I'll be back soon."

"Have fun." I commented as Ashton left Calum and I in the kitchen.

"You seem to have more attitude to you." Calum said.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"What are we going to do about Michael?" Calum asked.

"Give him a beer?" I suggested.

"Okay you can't solve the world's issues by drinking." Calum said. "Seriously?"

"Calum I have no idea. What do you want me to do?" I asked. "I feel like if I do go back out with him he'll just go back to his normal self and that won't get us anywhere's."

"Yeah I know." Calum sighed. "Luke I don't know what to do. Maybe you could..Do that thing..What's the word.."

"Uh.."

"You know," Calum said. "Starts with a..A 'T'. Sometimes with an 'S'. Occasionally you say it with a 'C'."

"Calum I don't know." I rolled my eyes.

"Talk. Speak. Communicate." Calum said.

"Alright, fine. I'll go talk to our little princess." I sighed.

"Luke don't be a jerk about it either, you know how Michael was to you. You don't want to act the same way." Calum said. I nodded my head and walked over into the living room where Michael was sitting and took a seat on the couch next to him.