29 - Get What You Want

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. ~Sun Tzu

Luke's POV

I felt Manny's hand on my upper back as he opened the door for me. I walked in the room and looked around.

"Boys!" Manny yelled and the three appeared around me, all of them wide eyed. On their faces was a mix of excitement and worry. I had no idea what to say. Neither did they. "Here's Luke, if you need anything let me know." And with that Manny left.

Michael was the first person to step forward, he walked and tilted his head as he tried to look at me from different angles. When he walked around me, my eyes followed him. My body turning so I could continue to see him. Michael turned to Calum and Ashton and dismissed them with a wave of his hand. They did what he said without protest.

"I missed you," Michael said.

"I missed you too.." I said quietly.

"What happened with Ivan?" Michael asked. I took a deep breath and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso, I dropped my head onto his shoulder and began to cry. Michael let out a sigh before bending down and picking me up bridal style and setting me down on the nearby couch.

"Do you want a drink?" Michael asked as he sat next to me. "Of water?" I shook my head and climbed onto Michael's lap. "Do you want to talk?" I did not say anything for a moment, I only started crying again. "What happened, love?"

"I-I don't like him.." I mumbled. I sat up slightly and wiped my face.

"Well it's alright, you're here now." Michael said as he leaned closer to me and missed my cheek. "What did he do?"

What did he not do was a better question. He had spent several hours everyday trying to convince me that Michael did not like me at all. Several more saying Ashton and Calum did not either. He spent even more time ripping my self esteem apart. He just wanted me to drink or try something rash. And then where we would go, I do not know. I was surprised I managed that long, but in there alcohol was not appealing at all. For when Ivan was around, I did not just want to be numbed for a little while. I wanted to be done with everything completely.

Ivan was a sick bastard. On the last day, I remember how aggressive he became.

I did not break to him, but he may have wore me down a little.

"Luke?" Michael spoke, bringing my attention back to him. He put his finger under my chin and used his thumb to turn my head to the left.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked.

"I just thought I saw a bruise when I looked at you earlier." Michael said. When he turned my head to the right he poked my cheek. "And I did." Michael frowned. "What happened to you?" When I said nothing Michael leaned forward and kissed my slightly parted lips.

I heard the door slam open and saw Ivan walking in with a large smile, his eyes wandered over to me, he reminded me of the Cheshire cat when he smiled. It was a wicked and wide smile.

"Calum, Ashton!" Ivan yelled. The two reappeared and when they saw me, they looked saddened. Michael moved me off of his lap as he stood up and walked over to where Ivan was. I stood up and followed, standing behind him.

"I want to punch you." Michael sighed.

"Mm, that's a bad idea." Ivan said. "Now - " Michael pulled his fist back to hit Ivan, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him backwards. "Michael." Ivan said, as if he was entertained with the fact that Michael was trying to punch him. "Do I have to lock you in a room too?"

"Michael stop it.." I mumbled.

"You're a sick bastard." Michael shook his head slowly. "I want to punch you, still."

"Do it and see where that gets you kiddo." Ivan said. "You're a minnow in the ocean, you're worth nothing in my presence. Not less than Luke, but still nothing."

"I'm going to hit him!" Michael shouted and I shook my head, pulling him away from Ivan.

"He knows he's working you up." I whispered to Michael. "Don't act on it."

"Alright.." Michael muttered, I could see he was easily tempered by what Ivan had to say, but Michael had to control himself. I knew he had enough self-control for this.

"I feel like I've always been against you Ivan." Michael said.

"You have, see Michael life would be much easier if you just did whatever I said." Ivan said, and I could see his own temper rising. "Now I need you to shut the hell up so I can speak!"

Michael opened his mouth but when I tugged on his shirt it closed and he folded his arms.

"Hm, looks like Luke learned a few things." Ivan smiled. "How to control someone else."

I knew Ivan was just trying to make everything as difficult as possible. It was quite frustrating. But I could see what he said sat more inside of Michael's head then it did my own. He was tearing into Michael with tactics he could not use against me.

"What do you want?" Ashton spoke up with a sigh. "If you don't want anything then go away, but if you want something, then say so."

"I just need to let you guys know that you have an interview tomorrow which will ask about Luke's absence at the last concert." Ivan smiled. "I made sure that was a question that received an answer."

"You're seriously going to make him explain that on television? Is that necessary?" Calum asked.

"Luke screwed up, and when someone here screws up, the world gets to know." Ivan smiled. "See you boys tomorrow!"

"I'm not going." I said. Ivan stopped and turned to me, confusion crossing his face. "Not everyone gets to know everything I do. It's not anyone's business and it's my own problem. If I'm not going to go Tweet about it, what makes you think I am going to sit there and let someone ask me?"

"You're going to do what I say." Ivan said, placing his hands together.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not. I'm not a play-thing, Ivan. This is not Sims. You don't get to do whatever you want." I took a deep breath. "I'm not going."

I could see Ivan's jaw clench, but then he smiled. "We'll see about that." I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion but Ivan turned and walked out of the door. Leaving all of us stuck wondering.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

We're sorry we aren't updating as frequently. I think I mentioned once that it's almost exams and I literally got a review packed for my exam review packet .-. But yeah after exams are done and over with we should start to become more active or at least stick to schedule. We're just both super stressed with all the work we're getting, so yeah :{p

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX